Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

mulshy
Bongolier

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by mulshy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

dunslair wrote:
mulshy wrote:
dunslair wrote:
Any straglers :?:
Put us down as straglers :lol:

To be honest....... when I typed the word 'stragler' you did pop to mind...... sorry :oops: :lol:
Is that a typo,
should have read

'STRANGLER'

:lol: :lol: :lol:
all the same but different
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:42 pm

cujimio wrote:We are in need of a small inlet gasket if you have one. Also since changing the alternator we may well be in need of a fuel filter (sediment and charge lights come on a lot now). Hoping for some advice from fellow bongonauts who may of had the same issue.
The two lamps together mean that the alternator has a fault!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:01 pm

And another update!

OK Folks. Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1), sirius (x2), hairyneep (x2), bobjay (x1), weeginger73 (x2) .

Hopefully Cujimio, Mountainmummy, MiKebongo and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

We wil be confirming numbers for lunch with The Hawes Inn this weekend.

It would also be really helpful for any of us who have not met before, if you could put a sign with your forum name in the windscreen of your van (thanks for the suggestion Peterrc )

If we all make it we should have around 19 bongos.......I recon thats not a bad turn out, and a record for a Scottish Day Meet?

All the best

David
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 am

And another update!

OK Folks. Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1), sirius (x2), hairyneep (x2), bobjay (x1), weeginger73 (x2) .

Hopefully Mulshy, Cujimio, Mountainmummy, MiKebongo and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

We wil be confirming numbers for lunch with The Hawes Inn this weekend.

It would also be really helpful for any of us who have not met before, if you could put a sign with your forum name in the windscreen of your van (thanks for the suggestion Peterrc )

If we all make it we should have around 20 bongos.......I recon that's not a bad turn out, and a record for a Scottish Day Meet?

All the best

David
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Last orders please folks!

I have now asked Gordon to phone through the numbers to The hawes Inn.

Here is a head count for the meet so far. The following people I have down for lunch (soup and roll). jim the box (x3), Driver+passengers (x3), bongopoet (x2), Furydav (x2), The laird (x4), peterrc (x2), Mountaingoat (x1), Kentait (x2), The-Gordons (x2), Stewby (x2), Dave-Aber (x2), Dunslair (x1), sirius (x2), hairyneep (x2), bobjay (x1), weeginger73 (x2), Mikebongo (x2) .

Hopefully Mulshy, Cujimio, Mountainmummy, and Petenbex, will also be able to join us, but not for lunch??

If we all make it we should have around 20 bongos.......I recon that's not a bad turn out, and a record for a Scottish Day Meet?

All the best

David
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Ok guys that's the hawes booked up for thirty five bongo nuts for soup and rolls/bread
Just done the confirmation at 20,20 pm
All we need now is for a wee bit luck with the weather but if not who cares were all gonna have a great day celebrating nat bongo day!!!!
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 pm

the laird wrote:Ok guys that's the hawes booked up for thirty five bongo nuts for soup and rolls/bread
Just done the confirmation at 20,20 pm
All we need now is for a wee bit luck with the weather but if not who cares were all gonna have a great day celebrating nat bongo day!!!!

\:D/ :-D \:D/ :-D \:D/ :-D \:D/
bongobeliever
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongobeliever » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:12 pm

A cavalcade of Bongos across the Forth Bridge will be enough to lure us up[ from Carlisle. We'll be there - snow permitting!
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Bongo believer you're more than welcome ,think all us would be gratefull for your efforts to join in.if you want soup etc I think that wouldn't be a prob as the dist you're travelling
I'm getting fired up!!!!for this ten year ani regards gordon
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi guys,been talking with the Edinburgh evening news and informed them of bongo fury s anniversary.they are talking to the editor and are considering doing a piece on the fury/Mazda bongo/ford Freda vehicles.they seemed interested reg convoy across he forth from the hawes inn and back they are going to contact me this week .i will keep you all informed of any news regarding this
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:41 am

the laird wrote:Hi guys,been talking with the Edinburgh evening news and informed them of bongo fury s anniversary.they are talking to the editor and are considering doing a piece on the fury/Mazda bongo/ford Freda vehicles.they seemed interested reg convoy across he forth from the hawes inn and back they are going to contact me this week .i will keep you all informed of any news regarding this
Hi Gordon, ten plus Bongos are not going to get from the Hawes Inn to the bridge in one line. Roundabouts and traffic lights will break the chain. It would be worth asking the bridge patrol of we could assemble in the 'Wide Load' area before joining the bridge. If the press are involved they might close a lane to give us a 'run in'.
Looking forward to it.
Peter
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Good idea Peter.first chance I get I will get in touch with bridge control and see what they say.i,ll hang off until the e,e. news get back in touch.things are shaping up.ive also bn in touch with Ian at bongo fury.will keep all informed as soon as I get any response etc
Al the best guys and let's hope all turn up an maybe even more .on Sunday I was down the ferry and a green aft n reg was there,got speaking to the owner who isn't in the club but has had his for six years I was telling him about the 24th and he may pop down
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:07 pm

the laird wrote:Good idea Peter.first chance I get I will get in touch with bridge control and see what they say.i,ll hang off until the e,e. news get back in touch.things are shaping up.ive also bn in touch with Ian at bongo fury.will keep all informed as soon as I get any response etc
Al the best guys and let's hope all turn up an maybe even more .on Sunday I was down the ferry and a green aft n reg was there,got speaking to the owner who isn't in the club but has had his for six years I was telling him about the 24th and he may pop down
I didn't think it was that good an idea that in warranted THREE posts.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Sorry mate just testing testing testing
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Update regarding convoy,been in touch with the forth bridge traffic office ,customer relations are getting in touch with relevant bodies to see if they will permit us to gather in the special area prior to entering the bridge crossing,as soon as I have been contacted I will post any development.best thing is they didn't say no.still awaiting Edinburgh evening news contacting us

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”