Thank you for a great Bash!

This is the largest gathering of Bongos anywhere in the world and takes place at our spiritual home, Stourport on Severn 20 to 25 June.

Moderator: Ian

umbongocat
Supreme Being

Thank you for a great Bash!

Post by umbongocat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I would like to say a big thanks to all my friends at the bash this weekend. As you all know I've had a bad 6 weeks of excruciating pain with a prolapsed disc. I'm well on the road to recovery but you all made the weekend so much fun and easier for me with all your help and support.

Lovely meeting up with old friends and meeting new peeps too.

What an amazing community the bongo peeps are! I've made some truly amazing friends! Thank you all!
I love cheese!
M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Re: Thank you for a great Bash!

Post by M 80NGO » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Here here, t'was my first ever bash and i was so chilled out when i woke s'mornin that my pulse rate was just 4 bpm :D met some great people and came away with some fantastic memories.

Roll on next year =D> 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Seconded, thanks from me and Su for a wonderful time.

Just brilliant. :D :D :D
Tidmo
Bongolier

Post by Tidmo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Me too. People at work wondered what was wrong me on Monday morning. They'd never seen me so happy before... :shock:
Soon came back to reality with a bump! :(
Roll on next year! :D
Pourquoi Pas?
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Apparently I also looked cheerful yesterday morning!

Thank you to Ian, Marianne and all the stewards, helpers and everyone else at the Bash who combined to make it all a fabulous weekend for us. Isaac is still chuffed at winning the Frisbee Target Throwing, and we are all still merrily singing the 80s songs which took us back to a time when I could probably have won a sack race (or maybe come second)!

And thanks to Edna too for reminding me how to crochet a chain and for teaching Isaac how to do it too.

It was lovely to see old friends and familiar faces as well as meet some new people.

I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe, I must remember to book for Looe .........
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Want to be back there again :( It was amazing and love catching up with everyone. Again I say what an amazing bunch bongoists are :)
I love cheese!
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Had a fantastic weekend at the bash, thanks Ian, Marianne and all the helpers.

Bertie has now gone for his body work.

Still on a high from the week end, when today had water coming through the ceiling lights, got the leak fixed but might have to have a new ceiling.

Have to keep thinking about the weekend to keep a smile on my face.

Trish
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Yet another vote of thanks for Ian and Marrianne and all the many who helped to organise and make sure everything ran so smoothly. I had an amazing time. Also thanks to DBO I can now tell which gear the Bongo is in, without having to calculate how many clicks from reverse.

Despite all my purchases I managed to load it all in Ok and lug it home. Last year it was the conversion, this year the side steps. Good thing I started with a fairly empty Bongo.

To echo Alison. Must book for Looe, must book for Looe.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 am

Big thank you gose out to Ian, Marianne and all there helpers for another great bash.
We had a great time my little Emma loved the karoke night and the 870s where good.
And it was nice to met new and old friends.
take it easy drive a bongo
Bulwell Bongoleers
Tribal Elder

Post by Bulwell Bongoleers » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Another fab bash, our fifth! What a great crowd! =D> =D> Was lovely to meet some new peeps (our lovely neighbours... (forgotten your names #-o... not good with names :oops: ), the honey people... hopefully got your names right John & Jen... sorry if i havent) and to see loads of our friends we have made through Bongo meets. Really enjoyed the Bongo Olympics & well done to all those who took part =D> =D> =D> Looking forward to next years social gathering :D
Manda & Andy
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am

Big thanks from me too to all who made it a great Bongo Bash.....my first but not my last. What a fun and friendly bunch. Was nice to meet you Tidmo and our chat about Zingy and to see my friends I have made through having a Bongo (even if some of them are Bongones) LOL Photos soon.
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
Tidmo
Bongolier

Post by Tidmo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Nice to meet you too cazzyblues. My 9 year old (me too!) was very impressed when he spotted your zingy decals on your van when you passed us on the M5! :D :mrgreen:
Pourquoi Pas?
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Up the bongones, good to is you had your dancing legs on Cazzy :D . Happy days :wink: see you soon.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Tidmo wrote:Nice to meet you too cazzyblues. My 9 year old (me too!) was very impressed when he spotted your zingy decals on your van when you passed us on the M5! :D :mrgreen:
Don't you just love him. :lol:
Cazzy
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Tidmo wrote:Nice to meet you too cazzyblues. My 9 year old (me too!) was very impressed when he spotted your zingy decals on your van when you passed us on the M5! :D :mrgreen:
Don't you just love him. :lol:
Cazzy

Return to “Bongo Bash 2012”