Help setting up camp

This is the largest gathering of Bongos anywhere in the world and takes place at our spiritual home, Stourport on Severn 20 to 25 June.

Moderator: Ian

nik68

Re: Help setting up camp

Post by nik68 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:57 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:
nik68 wrote:we maybe shouting for help...lol...2 women and kids....quick erect awning im told by the other half (who is not even coming!!!) but we will see....who do we shout for if help needed....................no laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nikki
im camping near you, just for the laughs though, and i cannot help ive got a glass back :^o :^o .
just do what ALL the ladies do, go to the toilets (in pairs or more), you know how you ladies have to check the site toilets out before you say we are staying.
then come back when its all done. :lol: :lol: .

haha....we will have to prove you wrong then lol.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Re: Help setting up camp

Post by daisydaydream » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:17 pm

New Forest Terrier wrote:A quecha folding class might be appreciated. The instructions are pathetic. Paint your tent orange and get a silly haircut, not of much actual use.

First time out I couldn't get mine folded, nor could the two helpful people who tried as well. We got it folded very approximately and tied it up with the tow rope. A morning with the video at home finally worked it out, but it was not easy. A six foot guy with huge hands going flip flip does not relate very well to the reality of a struggle often in a gale and driving rain.

.. just had to say I actually laughed out loud to your reply .. LOVE IT!!

and talking of gales and driving rain .. at Looe 2011 .. I had no trouble in attracting helpers .. and I don't think I looked too pathetic as I attempted to put my brand new awning up single-handed ..
I actually come to the conclusion that if you're a single female, no matter how gung-ho and strong you are, it's well-nnigh impossible to put up any construction with fibreglass poles that aren't Quechua, and VERY difficult to pack one of those away for the first time..

Relax people, members of Bongo Fury really are your extended family (love you all xx)

Carole - Winnebongo's keeper and totally fair-weather camper :wink:

Return to “Bongo Bash 2012”