Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Re: Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I echo the thanks to the Security volunteers and must say that down by the river in the non electric area nr the North West guys it was quiet, in fact very quiet..... =D> =D> =D>
It is a shame when odd individuals spoil an event.....what the answer is to prevent or ban in the future is up for debate.... for us it was a quiet, safe and secure few days break...thanks to all who volunteer and man security and reception etc.... =D> =D> =D>

To those who cannot behave themselves...... [-X [-X [-X [-X
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:48 pm

I am pretty sure if that any of the North West group had heard this asshole arguing with Harry they would have been there like a shot to back Harry up, the person giving the verbal would have quickly quietened down when confronted with more than just one person trying to do a volunteer job.
Maybe next year the volunteers could have two way radios just in case of trouble, which is rare at the bongo bash, but unfortunately increasing.
Lost without my Bongo.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:Maybe next year the volunteers could have two way radios just in case of trouble, which is rare at the bongo bash, but unfortunately increasing.
Noted!
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Ian wrote:
daveblueozzie wrote:Maybe next year the volunteers could have two way radios just in case of trouble, which is rare at the bongo bash, but unfortunately increasing.
Noted!
Will Marianne be training us in their use? :-" :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Matt&JoyBongling
Tribal Elder

Post by Matt&JoyBongling » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Ian wrote:We will take the appropriate action once things have calmed down a bit. We are considering other complaints/issues as well.
Sorry Ian but I do not think that anything less than a complete ban for the culprit will satisfy many people. I would be very reluctant to attend events if there seemed to be any form of tolerance to this kind of abuse of other members, let alone those acting in an official capacity.
Underground, Overground, Bongoling Free, the Bonglers of Bedford, common are we ...
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:28 pm

I hear you! But there are other issues of which you are not aware, and need to be resolved before we take any action at all. You will all be kept informed of developments.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Thanks for all the positive back up peeps. Apart from that one incident I really did have a great couple of evenings wandering around.
THANKS AGAIN for making the security job so easy.

A couple of thoughts:

Not sure if wandering around in pairs would solve the problem....more likely to be seen as confrontational....less likely to hear exessive noise if you're chatting to your mate...more likely to disturb others.

Ditto the ability to 'summon help'. Its better to walk away if people don't cooperate than to risk provoking matters and disturbing even more peeps.
Our 'friend' wanted me to go and fetch Ian.....I'm sure Ian would have really appreciated being woken up to sort things out.

His family/friends/collegues eventually took things over and quietened him down. Up to that time they had been totally unprovocotive and had cooperated. I suspect that the guy intimidates peeps to see/do things his way....I know many peeps would have felt threatened and intimidated if they had had the audacity to approach him.

The friendly...non confrontational approach really did work. How many of you who weren't partying realised that at least 8 largeish groups of peeps were drinking and chatting until the early hours on both nights. One partying group of about twelve peeps actually complained to me about the noise from 'sir'. Have to admit I thought it was them initially :oops: but they were great.

Ian is in a difficult position with this particular long standing member of the club and there are other factors involved so we should accept his descisions and if the guy turns up again I/we shall deal with it then (I have a bottle of mouthwash already giftwrapped [-X ).
From what the guy said he is a forum member...but had never heard of me so it has to be wondered how often he reads anything.

If he turns up at a North West meet he almost certainly will not be made welcome and if it is one of the several meets that I organise each year he won't even get on the booking list.

I feel that I've made my point. Everbody (except one) that I encountered on Friday and Saturday nights were brilliant...cooperative, considerate and friendly.

Lets leave things to calm down for now and see what happens.
After all 'retribution is always best served cold'.

cheers

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Harry wrote:Thanks for all the positive back up peeps. Apart from that one incident I really did have a great couple of evenings wandering around.
THANKS AGAIN for making the security job so easy.

A couple of thoughts:

Not sure if wandering around in pairs would solve the problem....more likely to be seen as confrontational....less likely to hear exessive noise if you're chatting to your mate...more likely to disturb others.

Ditto the ability to 'summon help'. Its better to walk away if people don't cooperate than to risk provoking matters and disturbing even more peeps.
Our 'friend' wanted me to go and fetch Ian.....I'm sure Ian would have really appreciated being woken up to sort things out.

His family/friends/collegues eventually took things over and quietened him down. Up to that time they had been totally unprovocotive and had cooperated. I suspect that the guy intimidates peeps to see/do things his way....I know many peeps would have felt threatened and intimidated if they had had the audacity to approach him.

The friendly...non confrontational approach really did work. How many of you who weren't partying realised that at least 8 largeish groups of peeps were drinking and chatting until the early hours on both nights. One partying group of about twelve peeps actually complained to me about the noise from 'sir'. Have to admit I thought it was them initially :oops: but they were great.

Ian is in a difficult position with this particular long standing member of the club and there are other factors involved so we should accept his descisions and if the guy turns up again I/we shall deal with it then (I have a bottle of mouthwash already giftwrapped [-X ).
From what the guy said he is a forum member...but had never heard of me so it has to be wondered how often he reads anything.

If he turns up at a North West meet he almost certainly will not be made welcome and if it is one of the several meets that I organise each year he won't even get on the booking list.

I feel that I've made my point. Everbody (except one) that I encountered on Friday and Saturday nights were brilliant...cooperative, considerate and friendly.

Lets leave things to calm down for now and see what happens.
After all 'retribution is always best served cold'.

cheers

H 8)
Youre too much of a gent Harry.

If he books for one of our meets,let him come,it will be nice to greet him with baseball bats and send him on his way after a long drive for nothing !

Brian

Ps.........Im joking :^o :^o :^o 8)
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
umbongochris

Post by umbongochris » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

I'd just like to say thanks for doing the Security (to everyone involved), your hard work really is appreciated, even if some people are not behaving in a manner appropriate...
=D> =D> =D>
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Doing the security patrols can be a bit of a thankless task & TBH, Ella & his usual crowd's attitude (much less of them this year) were one of the main reasons I refused to do security patrols last year as a volunteer.
It is very hard to get the balance right to keep everyone happy, the Bash is the one event of the year when we can all get together & have a good time & that means different things to different people & it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time, but outright abuse of volunteers & other campers is NOT acceptable.
We are ALL there to have a good time, all it takes is a bit of mutual respect, but some people are arrogant enough to think that they can do exactly as they like & treat people like cr*p.
I firmly believe that the sort of attitude displayed here has put a lot of people off from coming to the Bash & that is such a shame. IMO it needs to be shown that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated in any way.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Spot on Kirsty =D> =D>
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Lets end this now and remember the good bits of which there were so many more!
Always be ready for a Top Up!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”