A Big Thanks...

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

umbongocat
Supreme Being

Re: A Big Thanks...

Post by umbongocat » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm

This was our first Annual Bash and we had a great time. But I agree with Pooh, that it's hard if you're new to meet people at such a big bash. We started off by going to little meets where we've met some great friends :)
I love cheese!
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 pm

When you consider that all the helpers at the Bash are volunteers giving up their own time to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable experience....and also that it is not a profit making venture...though if there is a profit to be made it will be invested in next years Bash....then you are all getting value for your money....and all credit to Ian & Marianne and all the volunteers for giving you an enjoyable weekend....... =D> =D> =D>

Just hoping that things pick up and we can make some of the future meets.. :roll:

Alan & Dee
Alan...still plodding on....!
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 pm

umbongocat wrote:This was our first Annual Bash and we had a great time. But I agree with Pooh, that it's hard if you're new to meet people at such a big bash. We started off by going to little meets where we've met some great friends :)

I know what you mean....we have met so many fellow Bongonauts on our travels that when you see a familiar face you tend to say "we have met before but give us a clue...what's your name and can you remember where we met ? )
It is true that you meet so many people but do no not spend enough time with them.

As the song goes We'll meet again don't know where don't know when.

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:47 pm

mikexgough wrote:A huge thanks for Ian and team for organising PLUS the super Reception and stewards team..... =D> =D> =D>

Great bash again, weather was kind all bar the downpour on Friday night.....great meeting with old friends plus meeting new ones..... thanks to BDC for painting my window caps ...........
Thank YOU Mike for the copper grease and Graphite spray =D> =D> =D>

And another very well run bash! Well done all! =D> =D> =D>
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:
mikexgough wrote:A huge thanks for Ian and team for organising PLUS the super Reception and stewards team..... =D> =D> =D>

Great bash again, weather was kind all bar the downpour on Friday night.....great meeting with old friends plus meeting new ones..... thanks to BDC for painting my window caps ...........

No worries Ste.... I now will have a sample box for when I am on day/weekend meets... so everyone can save cash and or source those difficult to get items, I get stuff a well known yellow breakdown organisation can't...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I noticed a decline in forum names being displayed on forum members vehicles this year [-X I have my forum name on a reg plate, which admittedly i only remembered to stick on once or twice #-o Many thanks again to the kind chap that pointed out i was about to drive out onto the public road with my forum name reg plate attached to the bongo! #-o :oops: How would i have explained that to a bobby? :shock:
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm

mikexgough wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:

No worries Ste.... I now will have a sample box for when I am on day/weekend meets... so everyone can save cash and or source those difficult to get items, I get stuff a well known yellow breakdown organisation can't...
Nice one Mike... Loads of peeps noted how cheap those essentials were... Can you put me down for another tub of copper grease for in about ten years time? That's how long the whopper i bought off you will last me i reckon! :D
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Had mine printed off somewhere :-k
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I knew who you were anyway Graham... Love the avatar by the way :lol:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 pm

bigdaddycain wrote: Many thanks again to the kind chap that pointed out i was about to drive out onto the public road with my forum name reg plate attached to the bongo! #-o :oops: How would i have explained that to a bobby? :shock:
Not a problem Ste,just tell `em your a mate of Bongoplod,and they`ll give you a funny look,call you Smartarse and caution you :lol:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
ejs37
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by ejs37 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Many thanks to everyone for a great Bash. I had a great time. I'm just starting to make the most of my Bongo after 3 months of ownership. I can't believe just how friendly everyone is.

Unfortunately the journey home was not good. A car decided to take a run at me in he car park at the M42 services and I was on a recovery truck home to North Yorkshire. I'm now waiting for the bongo to go off to the "approved accident repair shop" for an estimate. The passenger side panels and sliding door may well require replacing and I'm concerned that there might have been some twisting to the rear axle (but will wait for the assessment). Any advise would be welcome. I have read some of the bits on the forum about insurance claims. I hope I don't get the wooden spoon for shortest ownership.

I hope everyone else had a safe journey home.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Bongoplod wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote: Many thanks again to the kind chap that pointed out i was about to drive out onto the public road with my forum name reg plate attached to the bongo! #-o :oops: How would i have explained that to a bobby? :shock:
Not a problem Ste,just tell `em your a mate of Bongoplod,and they`ll give you a funny look,call you Smartarse and caution you :lol:

Brian
:D I tried that when i got caught speeding Biran, to no avail :? (yah right, like i'd speed :roll: )
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

ejs37 wrote:Many thanks to everyone for a great Bash. I had a great time. I'm just starting to make the most of my Bongo after 3 months of ownership. I can't believe just how friendly everyone is.

Unfortunately the journey home was not good. A car decided to take a run at me in he car park at the M42 services and I was on a recovery truck home to North Yorkshire. I'm now waiting for the bongo to go off to the "approved accident repair shop" for an estimate. The passenger side panels and sliding door may well require replacing and I'm concerned that there might have been some twisting to the rear axle (but will wait for the assessment). Any advise would be welcome. I have read some of the bits on the forum about insurance claims. I hope I don't get the wooden spoon for shortest ownership.

I hope everyone else had a safe journey home.
Very sorry to hear that! How fast was he going in a services car park to do that sort of damage? :shock:
IanD

Post by IanD » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Would just like to say thanks to Ian and all the organisers as well. This was our first Bongo Bash and it was also our honeymoon. We had a great time and will be back again next year.

Thanks all =D> =D> =D>
bongobright

Post by bongobright » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

This was our first Bash. It was Brilliant. We were nervous at the start but thence over the moon with such a warm, welcoming group of folk.
Really enjoyed the Happy cats as well.
Since returning home have managed to reverse my Middle seats and took some pics so will try to get round to writing a How I did it sheet.

Many thanks

Steve & Sarah

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”