Free cap painting

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Free cap painting

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 2:12 pm

If you bring me a baseball cap, i won't paint it... if you bring me a hub cap, i won't paint it.... If however the caps on your side windows are as manky as most bongo's these days, then i'll happily re-finish them, (for free).

I did mine a couple of years ago after experimenting with many paints/finishes.

The caps don't need removal, they just need some good quality enamel paint, a good model brush, and a practised steady hand.

For anybody interested in this, have a natter amongst yourselves on the most convenient afternoon (weather depending) i can pop over and do the caps for you. It'll take about 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the brew is that you make me. :wink:

Now i'm hoping to only scrub my hands just the once, so if i can "do" a bunch of bongo's in one sitting then that'll do for me!

Mine are gloss black, and as you can see, they have stood up to two years of winters now and are as fresh looking as the day they were painted.

I'm sure they will look ok in matt black too for those after the original look. (i have matt also).
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Free cap painting

Post by Muzorewa » Wed May 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Ooooh - cool. Will I have to wash the Bongo first though? :?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 2:23 pm

:lol: Not absolutely necessary :lol: In fact, for those using an all over wax (showroom shine etc) best to avoid the caps if you want the new paint to stick :shock:

Is this your subtle way of getting me to wash your bongo first Paul? [-X

Like it'll need it... :wink:
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed May 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Doesn't need washing at the moment, well not after my fording of the Barle the other week - should be ok until winter now :?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Doesn't need washing at the moment, well not after my fording of the Barle the other week - should be ok until winter now :?
#-o #-o #-o
LoopyLoo
Bongolier

Post by LoopyLoo » Wed May 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Oooh sounds good to me!!! I can make tea/provide beer/cake...
Germarchip

Post by Germarchip » Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm

It would be an honour to have you work on my Van. [-o< I could then say that the paint was by BDC =D>
As it is my boys & I this year, it may only be beer (please state choice) =P~
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Ooooh - cool. Will I have to wash the Bongo first though? :?
There won't be enough time Muz~Ste's only there for 4 day's :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm

oooh, that sounds cool, although, not sure we need it. Is it the bit around the glass window, not sure really where you mean :oops: . Camping near loopylou and she's providing cake & tea it seems ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love cheese!
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm

umbongocat wrote:oooh, that sounds cool, although, not sure we need it. Is it the bit around the glass window, not sure really where you mean :oops: . Camping near loopylou and she's providing cake & tea it seems ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ste means the black button looking thingies that hold the window hinges and window locks that go through the actual window.
Lost without my Bongo.
Colin S

Post by Colin S » Wed May 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Can you do a flat cap please....whilst I wait with me whippets and a pint of brown & mild..........
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed May 18, 2011 9:01 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:
umbongocat wrote:oooh, that sounds cool, although, not sure we need it. Is it the bit around the glass window, not sure really where you mean :oops: . Camping near loopylou and she's providing cake & tea it seems ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ste means the black button looking thingies that hold the window hinges and window locks that go through the actual window.

Yes, we would love to have it done, if we can be fitted in :) Thanks daveblueozzie for helping me see exactly what part it is... :oops:
I love cheese!
friendeedebs
Supreme Being

Post by friendeedebs » Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:If you bring me a baseball cap, i won't paint it... if you bring me a hub cap, i won't paint it.... If however the caps on your side windows are as manky as most bongo's these days, then i'll happily re-finish them, (for free).

I did mine a couple of years ago after experimenting with many paints/finishes.

The caps don't need removal, they just need some good quality enamel paint, a good model brush, and a practised steady hand.

For anybody interested in this, have a natter amongst yourselves on the most convenient afternoon (weather depending) i can pop over and do the caps for you. It'll take about 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the brew is that you make me. :wink:

Now i'm hoping to only scrub my hands just the once, so if i can "do" a bunch of bongo's in one sitting then that'll do for me!

Mine are gloss black, and as you can see, they have stood up to two years of winters now and are as fresh looking as the day they were painted.

I'm sure they will look ok in matt black too for those after the original look. (i have matt also).

am I being thick here? :roll: the only black things I can see is a car and a sky dish, the buttons are shiny chromy things...is this a ploy to chrome people?? [-X :lol: :lol: :lol:

cos I'm in :D :lol: :lol:

shall I bring my nail polish for you to whip over my rusty wipers :shock: :lol: :lol:
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm

I will be up for this to please Ste. only coffee in my van as I don't drink tea and I know you don't touch the "hard" stuff!!!!

like beer, wine or anything else I might bring with me :oops: :oops: :oops:
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 pm

LMAO Debbie, that is all I saw from that pic! Bit like a magic eye picture :lol:

Jo

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”