Sat Nav

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

Colin S

Sat Nav

Post by Colin S » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Does anyone know if the Bash campsite is a reliable satnav location ? Only after my last escapade with the satnav and the regretable incident of the Nun the Goat and the trousers none of which were my fault I thought I would just ask. The police were quite understanding realy and once they had explained that Sister Contraception was originally a scouse bin man who had recently had a sex change taken holy orders and a vow of silence it did explain the rather colourful hand signals when I asked if they had any hookups.....anyway I digress if someone could let me know re satnav.....Ta very much.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Sat Nav

Post by g8dhe » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:32 pm

I seem to remember the first year we visited (3 years ago now) it tried to take us along the river to the site which does exist but has a padlocked gate which is rather limiting, but I think the maps have been updated since then and we haven't had a problem, so it might depend on the date of your maps!
Try this its the little Green Arrow your interested in http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.34309900,-2.30014300
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Well my Tom Tom gets me there OK, even if it is a different way every time :?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 am

francophile1947 wrote:Well my Tom Tom gets me there OK, even if it is a different way every time :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have had that problem too...... Not this year... [-o< [-o< Using my smart phone instead....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”