A Huge Thanks to Ian, Marianne and the Team

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Re: A Huge Thanks to Ian, Marianne and the Team

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:52 pm

:D Thanks indeed =D>
Ian Marianne, the yellow jackets
Westons Organic Cider
The Angel
The Old Crown
The Bridge Inn
The Mug House Inn
The Cock & Magpie
& last but not least the Big Friendly Honey Monster :wink:
See you all again soon I hope 8)

P.S i google :shock: cheers for that Chris :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
SPARKYSSS

Post by SPARKYSSS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Just to also add my thanks to everyone.

Me, my wife, my son and his mate got to site Saturday afternoon and pitched the tent. We found everyone to be really friendly and willing to offer advice and help. Big thanks to DBO for fitting my dials.

It was really good to finally meet some of the people that had answered my questions on this excellent forum.

Take it easy and hope to see some of you again at the possible Lincolnshire Wolds meeting

Thanks again

Marc, Tracey, Noah and Oliver
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks to all that made this such a fab week end, =D> =D> a big thanks to Ian, Marianne and the crew, =D> =D> Well done Kirsty on becoming the first recipeient of the coveteted title of Bongolier of the Year, you deserve it. =D> =D>
So glad you made it home safe Chris, see you soon. :wink: :wink: It was good to meet up with old faces and meet so many new ones. 8) 8)
Thank you Gabbi and Lucy (a very musical couple of newbies from Cardiff and new proud owner of Kirsty's Mazda badge) for last nights entertainment, looking forward to meeting up with you both again soon. =D> =D>
Thanks Ed (madmile) for my new bling which has been polished up ready to fitted to my Bongo. :D :D
It was good to see the Nothwest crew once again, almost missed them with all that weight loss, :shock: :shock: sorry I missed you Dabs before you left for home. :cry: :cry:

See you at the South West bash at Looe

Dave and Roseanne
The Janner Vanner
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Likewise a massive thanks to Ian, Marianne and all those who helped to make the Bash such an enjoyable event. The Happy Cats were an inspired choice of band for the Saturday although we thoroughly enjoyed all the entertainment provided (both professional and amateur) and the Hog Roast.

It was our first Bash (although not our first meet) and we enjoyed every second of it except the last few seconds when we had to drive away on Sunday afternoon. We caught up with old friends, and met some new ones. I'm disappointed that I couldn't make enough time to meet everyone that I wanted to "put a face to" but was chuffed that some people even came over to find me :D

Although my husband is not a fan of organised events, and was in considerable pain the whole time we were there, he really enjoyed himself too. It goes without saying that Isaac enjoyed himself :lol:

The biggest surprise of the weekend? The deafening silence across the site when I nipped up to the loos just after midnight on Saturday =D>

Once again, thanks to everyone

Alison, Zigi & Isaac
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:01 pm

It was my first bash, Ginge (tony) took me under his wing and gave me a guided tour of the site, bongos and people, well done mate. =D>

Thanks to Ian, Marianne and the team for a great fun packed bash, defo liked the happy cats and the site was out of this world. =D>

Will be there next year, would like to get there at the start though, I liked the bongo team spirit, it worked.

daz, debs and the boys. =D>
Daz and debs
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 pm

As everyone has said above thanks to Ian and Marianne and all the helpers for running the whole thing so smoothly. Had a smashing time thoroughly enjoyed myself, the only day it rained i was shopping with bigdaddy and his family and we ended up in Cadbury World :D =D> so was inside when it rained :lol: =D> =D> (GETTING RATHER SICK WITH EATING AND SMELLING THE LOVERLY CHOCOLATE)
Its impossible to meet everyone, by the time Ive walked a few yards someone else starts nattering to me and then Ive forgot who i was going to see in the first place (senior moments catching me up ).
Had a smashing drive to and from the big bash through the countryside,missing all the M6 motorway (spaghetti junction and M5 junction) 3 hour leisurely drive . :D =D> =D> =D> .
Lost without my Bongo.
roger

Post by roger » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Sandra and me want to add our thanks to all the crew for yet another fantastic bash =D> =D> =D> We had a great time meeting people, especailly people who cook on cobb b-b-qs :!: :!: Can we have our own section next year please??? weather brill, company even better!!
roofraisers
Bongolier

Post by roofraisers » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:55 am

Really enjoyed our first Bongo Bash - thanks to all who had a part in organising it!

Was great to reacquaint ourselves with many of the North West bunch, and to meet other folk and put faces to names (some people just don't look how you imagine them!!!)

Have just had a couple of days recuperating, and are now heading off to a smallish festival in Somerset, let's hope the good weather holds....

Nigel and Sue
Boots

Post by Boots » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Ditto to all the above.

Cheers

Boots
GrahamP

Post by GrahamP » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 pm

As everyone has already said many thanks to the whole Bongo Fury team for the organisation of a really great event =D> =D>

Haven't been able to get out in the Bongo much over the last year or so and I had almost forgotten how much fun it is :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks from us too, fantastic time. =D> =D> =D>
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 am

roofraisers wrote:...now heading off to a smallish festival in Somerset, let's hope the good weather holds....

Nigel and Sue
:shock: Have fun at Glasto

It was great to meet you.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Manny
Bongolier

Post by Manny » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:54 pm

What else can one say that's not been said already? Many thanks to Team BongFury for a well good Bash. =D> =D>

Manny and Pat
A Bongo by any other name would still drive as sweet.
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Praise too to Matt, helping out in the club shop. (Another of the backroom team that keeps our wheels turning) I lurked for ten minutes listening to him giving the ins & outs of Bongo ownership to potential newbies, even pointing out the drawbacks & was really impressed with his knowledge & honesty.

Amazed to hear that he doesn't actually own one - yet . . . :shock:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm

mister munkey wrote:Praise too to Matt, helping out in the club shop. (Another of the backroom team that keeps our wheels turning) I lurked for ten minutes listening to him giving the ins & outs of Bongo ownership to potential newbies, even pointing out the drawbacks & was really impressed with his knowledge & honesty.

Amazed to hear that he doesn't actually own one - yet . . . :shock:
draw backs? are their any apart from them sometimes not wanting to stop :D
I love cheese!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”