Is it just me ?

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: Is it just me ?

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 am

liggy wrote:Furiously working on my bumper so it will pass BDC's inspection however can't wait for the bash to start see you all on Friday.
How did ya know i'd be inspecting it Liggy? :lol: You know me too well. Be good to catch up with you again matey... :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

Wish I hadn't read this :(

Whilst my idea of a pimp is a magnetic GB sticker for abroad; and I hardly ever clean my Bongo; and I don't even fret about the nasty mark on my bumper made by a nasty person who didn't even leave a note, or the dent on the sill under the sliding door made when Isaac used the Bongo for stopping rather than his brakes, I now I feel ashamed of my Bongo and don't want to come to the Bash any more :shock:

We bought a rear double step for purely practical reasons and it's a sort of gold colour. The Bongo is silver :( IT DOESN'T MATCH :oops:

Fortunately our windbreak does match the Bongo so if I remember to pack it I can fence off the back end if I'm parked anywhere near the shiny, matching, colour co-ordinated folk :D

See you Thursday!
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Allison there is only a handful of pimpers, the majority are plain ole Bongos just like yours. It's the company of fellow Bongoliers that make this gathering so great, you've been to meets before, how many were pimped? It's just bigger that's all. And Issac will make load of new friends,
See ya there
The Janner Vanner
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 pm

the janner vanner wrote:Allison there is only a handful of pimpers,
:shock: You speak for yourself mate, I just spent the whole weekend pimping mine with mud from the IOW Festival #-o :lol: :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I bet the fest was a goodun Gra, bin polishing mine for weeks now
The Janner Vanner
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:55 pm

the janner vanner wrote:Allison there is only a handful of pimpers, the majority are plain ole Bongos just like yours. It's the company of fellow Bongoliers that make this gathering so great, you've been to meets before, how many were pimped? It's just bigger that's all. And Issac will make load of new friends,
See ya there
I know, Dave, I'm just being a bit silly about it but it's the first time I've looked at the Bongo and thought .... yuk! I'll calm down once I've got used to it. It was only fitted yesterday, and we really needed it so it shouldn't matter how it looks, it's what it does that's important. We've got some grey paint left over from doing the spare wheel, so one day it will probably get painted but that will probably be so far into the future that I'll have probably got so used to it gold that it will look weird grey :roll:

I'm looking forward to the Bash though, particularly meeting some of the people I only know through the forum, and of course seeing old friends too. Isaac is very excited - he seems to live for Bongo meets now as he's also got old friends to catch up with, and, as you say, new ones to meet.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Allison there is only a handful of pimpers, the majority are plain ole Bongos just like yours.
but it's the first time I've looked at the Bongo and thought .... yuk!

Don't worry Alison, ours has both pimped bits and yuk bits that need sorting. :wink: The best thing is, it gets you from A to B(ash) and beyond, and it doesn't let you down. :D
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
richlizard
Bongolier

Post by richlizard » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:22 pm

This will be the longest I have ever been without t'internet.

There is no t'internet right?? :shock:
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm

I do believe the Dongles for GPRS get a usable signal, I'll confirm when we get on site if there is! If not there won't be a confirmation ;-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:29 pm

richlizard wrote:This will be the longest I have ever been without t'internet.

You can always get a dongle if you're really gonna miss t'internet

I manage to get my fix using the mobile net
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm

You beat me to it geoff =D>

Saw some one using a notebook with dongle last year no problem :D
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I used a dongle last year...bit slow but did work o.k. TV is rubbish though without sat dish
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:41 pm

I remember Hotpot using a laptop last year without any problem, mind you she has some top notch gear.
The Janner Vanner
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

The only reason to have t'internet is to get on to this Forum, right? Why bother with the Forum when you can look real people in the eye for a few days :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alison

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:30 am

Alison01326 wrote:

The only reason to have t'internet is to get on to this Forum, right? Why bother with the Forum when you can look real people in the eye for a few days :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I am going to take my Satellite TV.....I only use it for news.....BUT with little people coming on Friday and a wife stressed by driving on a Friday evening after a previous nights on call..... an hour in front of TV with a glass of Ginger wine usually relaxes her.......
For me in the quiet times..... I have another James May (Top Gear bloke) to read.....he is a very funny chap, in fact a little like myself in viewpoint I guess.... :shock: whether that is a good thing or not.... :roll:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”