camera at bongo bash

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

bobngo

camera at bongo bash

Post by bobngo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:00 pm

yep i,ll be there , but i have my first bongo ,plain vanilla 8 seater , which i intend to pimp, convert to camper etc.on a DIY basis
now i was hoping to find a few ideas, and would like to photograph some of them, come home think about it ,and draw up a plan , which would not be a copy of one particular bongo , but a combination of many, given i politely ask first ,how do you think peeps would react to taking internal and external photographs of their pride and joy ?????
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Re: camera at bongo bash

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm

It's one of the main points of the bash :wink: , have a look at the previous bash piccies.
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Go to any local or the national meet and you will find people wanting to have a look around the bongo.
its normal, take as many pics as you want and copy whatever , no one bothers. :D
i pinched my ideas from Kirsty (missfixit)
Lost without my Bongo.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:24 pm

& I've pinched ideas from all over the place :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Thats the thing about the big bash plenty of Bongo's to choose from and peeps are more than happy to show off what they have and what they have done - just ask and you will be spoilt for choice - roll on june is all I can say!!!!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
bobngo

Post by bobngo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 pm

thanks for the replies, well thats a relief, i was worried incase people thought i would be invading their privacy, and pinching their ideas
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:52 pm

no worries generally people are happy to share their ideas and exchange information - thats what makes owning a Bongo so very special as the forum people are happy to share info. and ideas unlike a few other forums I have been on where people are too closed on here everybody is very friendly.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:54 pm

One thing for sure about Bongos......no two are the same.......silmilar but never the same!! 8)

I think we all pinch ideas from one another !!

Dabs :D
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
You've Been Bongod
Supreme Being

Post by You've Been Bongod » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 am

take a big note pad with you aswell so you can jot down any good idea's tha you see
I NOW HAVE AN ASTRA JUST THE BONGO TO FIND A NEW HOME THEN I AM OUT OF HERE
SilverEther
Bongolier

Post by SilverEther » Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 am

bobngo wrote:thanks for the replies, well thats a relief, i was worried incase people thought i would be invading their privacy, and pinching their ideas

First time we went to the bash was for a look see .... one nice guy gave us his keys and said drive it round the field ... awesome.... and if you dont stick your head in other bongos the owners will get upset ... :wink:
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

Im in the middle of doing a 2nd DIY conversion on my 2nd bongo,
Seats cut down to 2 seaters with a full side conversion. and some little extras. 5 weeks id better get a move on.
so if you want a look be my guest.
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am

Carl,

I just remembered - You were after dimensions which I was going to confirm once I got home.

Are you needing any measurements from my van?

Cheers
Dave
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Tue May 11, 2010 9:19 am

dave_aber wrote:Carl,

I just remembered - You were after dimensions which I was going to confirm once I got home.

Are you needing any measurements from my van?

Cheers
Dave
Hi dave

lol no i think iv managed it now cheers i will put some photos on later

iv gone a bit different this time .. might not be to some peoples likes.
but it all matches the interior black and grey
all will be reviled
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 pm

You've Been Bongod wrote:take a big note pad with you aswell so you can jot down any good idea's tha you see
There was a lovely lady doing the rounds at Southern Softies with a clipboard! She was doing her research before buying a Bongo, and camped on site just so she could meet a few people although she was relatively local (Southampton area, I believe). I think I was the first person she spoke to and I warned her that we're all so keen on showing off our Bongos and talking about them that she probably wouldn't get very far round the site. She didn't have the clipboard when she was talking to me, but by the time I got back from our day out, she had quite a sheaf of notes attached to it. She was with her sister who, it would appear, did not quite share her enthusiasm in her quest. Bet she's hooked now, though!!

That lady may well be reading this, and she may well have her Bongo by now. If so, "hello - I was so keen to talk about the Bongo, I never asked your name" :oops:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Thu May 13, 2010 2:16 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
You've Been Bongod wrote:take a big note pad with you aswell so you can jot down any good idea's tha you see
There was a lovely lady doing the rounds at Southern Softies with a clipboard! She was doing her research before buying a Bongo, and camped on site just so she could meet a few people although she was relatively local (Southampton area, I believe). I think I was the first person she spoke to and I warned her that we're all so keen on showing off our Bongos and talking about them that she probably wouldn't get very far round the site. She didn't have the clipboard when she was talking to me, but by the time I got back from our day out, she had quite a sheaf of notes attached to it. She was with her sister who, it would appear, did not quite share her enthusiasm in her quest. Bet she's hooked now, though!!

That lady may well be reading this, and she may well have her Bongo by now. If so, "hello - I was so keen to talk about the Bongo, I never asked your name" :oops:

By the time the above lady got round to me she knew more about Bongo's than I do...She was telling me all about the cooling system etc Reckon she will have one very soon
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”