So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Re: So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Post by Alison01326 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:29 pm

mobilecat wrote:I am not booked in as I didn't know if I would still have Dydo by the bash but if I do, I will come on the Saturday and hopefuly display her to the day visitors or those fancying a change :)

It will be my chance to say bye to everyone too before we emigrate!
Has anyone noticed yet?!
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
mobilecat wrote:I am not booked in as I didn't know if I would still have Dydo by the bash but if I do, I will come on the Saturday and hopefuly display her to the day visitors or those fancying a change :)

Has anyone noticed yet?!
If your on about Cath emigrating, yes most of the N/W crew know about it, it is sad and she and her family will be missed.
Lost without my Bongo.
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:55 am

Where are you emigrating to and when? :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:15 am

umbongocat wrote:
roofraisers wrote:
umbongocat wrote:So how do you get the bongo outline onto the material, or does the material already have it on... confused. Would love to make a bongo flat and some bunting :) Bongo bunting and flags for sale would be good
Oh - I drew the bongo outline onto some paper and cut it out, then used that as a pattern to cut out the white shapes from some cheap white material (a sheet or pillowcase would do) then pinned it onto the green material so that the two sides matched up (the hardest part) and tacked it in place, then sewed round the edges of the bongo shapes with a sewing machine. Took me 2 days on and off, so a bit of a project...

Sue
Very clever, I'm useless with the needle, will have to ask a member of the family to help... looks great :)
You say you drew the bongo outline onto some paper. Did you free draw or trace from a pic. This is a lovely idea and I wish I was as clever as you.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
roofraisers
Bongolier

Post by roofraisers » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:27 am

Jillygumbo wrote:You say you drew the bongo outline onto some paper. Did you free draw or trace from a pic. This is a lovely idea and I wish I was as clever as you.
Hi Jillygumbo - I did a google image search for a photo of a bongo taken side on, then I copied it freehand (with the aid of a ruler and a yoghurt pot!). You could probably just trace round the pic, I probably made it harder for myself!

Sue
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 pm

roofraisers wrote:
Jillygumbo wrote:You say you drew the bongo outline onto some paper. Did you free draw or trace from a pic. This is a lovely idea and I wish I was as clever as you.
Hi Jillygumbo - I did a google image search for a photo of a bongo taken side on, then I copied it freehand (with the aid of a ruler and a yoghurt pot!). You could probably just trace round the pic, I probably made it harder for myself!

Sue
Thought it looked familiar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, you could start up a little cottage industry with Bongo flags. It looks really good.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 am

All packed, loaded & prepped (nearly), off to Stourport tomorrow (Airlocks & leaks permitting [-o< ) see you all there :D
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:52 am

See ya Wednesday! Not loaded up yet, but painted up... gotta get ya priorities sorted kirst...Paint first then camping paraphernalia! :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:54 am

I did give the wheels a buff :oops: :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 am

That's my girl! =D> =D> =D> Got my poishing kit packed! Better sort some food & blankets too i suppose... :roll: :D
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 am

Ron Miel wrote:
cabte wrote:
Ron Miel wrote:Not booking after all. Reason here: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 00#p400900

:( :( :(

David and Di
Awww no hope ye get it sorted mate ,, was looking forward to seeing you in cornwall after the bash again lol
That would be good Carl. Was originally planning to be down there earlier (late May/early June) to catch the peak time for basking sharks but, if we do get down there at all now this summer, it's likely to be some time post bash. Once I've got an op date, and a better idea of recovery timing (depends on whether it's a TURP, a TUIP, or whatever - for the medically knowledgable :lol: ), I'll be able to decide if bash booking and westward continuation will be viable. Cheers, David
Have a great time all who are going to the bash :D :D :D :D :D :D

We're still unable to camp (or drive long trips), as both bionic knees are still far from good, due to lack of needed exercise while 8 weeks catheterised following post knee op waterworks problems. Walking worse than I was before first knee op last October :roll: Waterworks now better-ish, post prostatectomy, but still far from 100%. Back on heavy duty physio for knees, and only time will tell in the plumbing zone - which was trouble-free before the second knee op :evil: Excuse pun but all problems due to cock up in post knee op hospital treatment, so we're also undergoing the stress of a formal NHS complaint process.

So, we're now off to see those basking sharks in the Isle of Man, in a week or two, Carl - but with hotel expense, rather than Bongo-camp. Just a short run from here to the ferry over, and the island's only 12 miles by 33, so no long trips there - taking Bongo as day trip motor though. Hoping now to be down in south west England in September, after the school holidays, and hopefully after my knees get going more. If so, we'll try to get booked up for the Looe bash while we're there.

Meanwhile, again - enjoy the big bash everybody. Hope to see you there in 2011 :D
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:14 am

missfixit70 wrote:All packed, loaded & prepped (nearly), off to Stourport tomorrow (Airlocks & leaks permitting [-o< ) see you all there :D
Loading up and sorting my kit out later today...... :D don't think I will have room for any Polish..... :lol: but I am sure there will be some around if needed.... :lol:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 am

Oh dear that's a shame David (Ron Miel) was looking forward to seeing you both again & having a drink with you as me & my lad did with you last year~i'm sure you will enjoy your HOTEL Holiday in a few weeks :lol: :lol:

Take care & get well soon, will probably see you in the near future in a field somewhere.
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 am

Triple/R wrote:Oh dear that's a shame David (Ron Miel) was looking forward to seeing you both again & having a drink with you as me & my lad did with you last year~i'm sure you will enjoy your HOTEL Holiday in a few weeks :lol: :lol:

Take care & get well soon, will probably see you in the near future in a field somewhere.
Thanks Ray. Yes, that would have been good. We're gutted - not been a good year so far. Anyway, have a good one, and raise a glass of the amber liquid for absent chums, eh?

BTW, all who are going - not only have a good one but most important of all, TRAVEL SAFELY [-o<
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
Sue

Post by Sue » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:38 pm

We'll be there too, little dog Oscar and I have slept in Bongo but daughters first time - how lucky can she get? So looking foreward to it, see you all there.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”