Final Arrangements

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

Ian
Supreme Being

Final Arrangements

Post by Ian » Sun May 15, 2011 11:59 am

The information packs are just about ready, just a few minor amendments to make, then I will email them to everyone.

Also, I am locking all previous discussions so that everything can be found here from now on.

Exciting times! :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Final Arrangements

Post by helen&tony » Sun May 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi
A couple of points to confirm:
For those coming from Calais,have you arranged to meet the Harwich contingent anywhere?
Do those coming mind if your moblile numbers are included on the Info. Pack to be posted to those others who are coming ( in case of emergency)
Also...I haven't confirmed that the swimming pool will be open yet...I'll contact the site next week...It is almost ready from what I understand....just last minute checking.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun May 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Sounds like a great trip coming up - I'll be with you in spirit (and maybe in the flesh, one day, God help you :lol: )

Here's to many happy Bongoing miles 8)
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Sun May 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Hi,
I guessed that we would meet the Harwich crowd at the campsite in Koln on the Sunday eve. We havnt booked that one yet but was going to try the Camping Berger site that Helen posted details of. We have no objection to our mobile number going out in the packs.
Tim & Angie
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon May 16, 2011 4:32 am

Hi Tim & Angie
Sounds like a plan =D>
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi, I have been away in Scotland for a while so its good to catch up.

I am a tad concerned about not having a pitch for weds 26th since that will be after a long drive and I can't see how Jozseph can accomodate us all in the overnight section. Has anyone managed to get in at the Budapest site? Should we look for an alternative?

I have booked in at the rheinkilometr camp at Koln. Is that where we are all meeting up?

Cheers C
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 am

Hi Chris
Correct on the Koln campsite, but don't worry about the Budapest site...Jozsef sounds like a nice guy, and said that if he can't accommodate, then he'll 'phone round and find somewhere...i'll expect that you will have no worries, He seemed to think there wouldn't be a problem. You'll be getting an info. pack soon, if you still have any worries, post back, and I'll see if I can contact Jozsef
Cheers
Helen
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 am

Hi Helen,

I am letting my fears go and trusting in the universe and my fellow Bongoliers!

Please put my mobile number in the pack :)

I will be meeting the Calais crowd in Koln then, who will that be exactly?
Linz has confirmed, only Koln to go.
Getting Excited now
8) x
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 am

Hi Chris
I think the others are trusting in Jozsef, so you won't be alone :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) ...It sounds like a nice journey...I came T'other way...France, Switzerland, Italy and Greece..Fabulous...i adore Greece...The people we met were well up to expectations...and I love Switzerland/ Italy, and France...what can I say...we may go to live in France....
As for the route you're taking...we have Hungarian friends, and Romania seems nice...Bucuresti is a capital City with nice Architecture , and if you understand any French oriented language, Romanian is not entirely difficult...Bulgarian, however... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...40% odd of the population here don't read or write it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....just wave your arms around a lot, and make an idiot of yourself, and you'll get by :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 am

Hi
Just a little website for you to track the weather over here, so you can see how it's shaping up:
http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/bg/vel ... -look.aspx
Yo'll see that it's the rainy time at the moment, but it will soon get warm and dry....temperatures are low to normal at the moment...it WILL get hot
Cheers
Helen
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 am

Hi,

has anyone heard from the Koln site? Its missing from my collection of bookings.

Ive done that trip a few times helen, i love it setting off along the grand canal in venice, you can't beat it :))

I'm hoping a bit of greek will get me by in Bulgaria, but I'm fluent in arm waving too!

Looking forward to our trip

chris
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi Chris
Not sure whether the others have heard from Koln...???...they are a bit slow sometimes...maybe worth a 'phone call if you're a bit concerned?...i think there are contact numbers on the website
As regards arm waving...it's your best bet...I've yet to find a Bulgarian that speaks their own language :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...there's a high illiteracy rate
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi
We havnt booked to Koln site yet, still on my list of things to do. Wasnt too concerned as they did say that reservations were not necessary but will probably drop them an e-mail anyway.
Tim
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:37 am

Hi
Tim
It might be worth giving them a ring?
Cheers
Helen
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Helen,
We have just got back from a four week long trip around Germany in our Bongo. It was excellent. The campsites were excellent, the people really friendly, scenery magnificent and weather great. Now we are back home we can't wait to go again on the trip to Bulgaria. We travelled 3,800 miles on our trip around Germany and neighbouring countries (7 in total) and I only needed to top up with a litre of engine oil.

For those still planning their route, we found that diesel was much cheaper in Luxembourg. About 15 to 20 cents a litre cheaper than Germany or Belgium. Next cheapest was the at French Hypermarket Auchan at Calais. Prices in Germany and Austria are still about 10% cheaper than UK as their price/litre in euros was the same as our pounds/litre.

We also stayed on a Stellplatz in Rendsburg in northern Germany. It was excellent. Spotless clean toilets and showers and washing up and washing machines. The same company has a chain of sites all over Germany. Reisemobil-Stellplatze. I am not sure what their web site is, but they have an email site: [email protected]

I can give you our mobile phone numbers for your info pack. How do you want me to sent you our info?

Incidentally I only saw three other Bongos on my whole 3800 mile trip and that was on the way home. One at Dunkirk ferry terminal parked by the terminal building (no sign of owners), one at Beaconsfield and another at Lancaster on the M6. Our bongo caused some interest in Germany, mainly because I have old style number plates without the blue GB eu symbol. With only a GB sticker on the back, people could not identify where I had come from by looking at the front. For our next trip, I will put a GB sticker on the front. I was stopped by Germany Border Police inside Germany near the Czech border to find our where I was from! Fortunately I speak german, so there was no problem.

Regards,

Hil & Phil CumbriaBongoBulls
Life is for Living!

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”