Trip Details

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

thegreenman
Bongonaut

Re: Trip Details

Post by thegreenman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 am

Helen

I'm afraid we are going to have to withdraw from this trip. We were really looking forward to the adventure, but other priorities have reared their ugly head. We are in the middle of a house renovation and it looks likely that we will have major buiding work going on over the summer. :(

If things change (or our planning application is refused) then we may try to tag along.

regards
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:38 am

Hi The Greenman
No Problem at all...we have a fair number going, so I will ask the owner whether we can slide the odd one or two in if your plans change
Good luck with the building work...we are constantly upgrading here! :lol: :lol: :lol: The house is virtually complete, but we have a separate guest cottage to "Do", and maybe equip it with a new chimney and fireplace.....and knock a place in the side of one barn for a bedroom for theBongo....The garage is too low :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Best of luck
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi
I am going to P.M. all interested parties tomorrow, to confirm those going. There will be some announcements on travel arrangements as well...Coo...exciting!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi,

I realise the deadline has passed for this trip but any chance I can be included? I have driven to Athens and back on my own four times now so am pretty used to long distance travel and camping. I can speak enough French, Greek and German to get food, directions and help.
I didn't apply before because I had planned to set off this April. However my plans have changed.
I am interested in driving in convoy to the rally and being at the rally. Afterwards I would be interested in exploring the Black Sea coast and /or dropping into Turkey and Greece if anyone is up for extending the stay.
I look forward to hearing from you

Christine Preece
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Chris...
Take a look at the "How to Book" section, and pay a deposit to Ian
You're not too late, as I've spoken to the Campsite owner, and she can always squeeze another Bongo in...The period is largely free, so there's no problem.
Cheers
Helen
spikethorne
Junior Bongonaut

Post by spikethorne » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi all,

we, Karen and I, live in Slovenia and will be travelling to Bulgaria from here.

Its about 1000km from here, 10 hours driving.

We are almost on the route from England to Bulgaria. We usually travel between England and Slovenia via Dunkirk, Belgium, Luxenburg(Cheapest fuel and drink!), then Germany, Austria and Slovenia. No Tolls! Except for the Austrian Vignette and tunnel tolls. There is a Slovenian vignette as well. There is a more Eastern route as well but we like this one. We use the Stopovers and motorhome "Airs" and would be happy to recomend some if you would like.

If you are thinking of coming via Munich, Villach/Klagenfurt then on to Zagreb, you could stop off near us. We have space for about 6 Bongos and there is a great campsite nearby.

We will take at least 2 days to travel on but would love to have your company.

We will stay on after the weekend as well to see some other places in Bulgaria but can give you any information about staying in Slovenia for your homeward trip whilst we are together.

Look forward to meeting you all and if we can give any additional information it will be our pleasure.

See you in July.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi
The deposits are all in with Ian, and I'll be sorting out some routes for travelling, and post a list of names on here.
There are 8 travelling (similar turnout to the Poland Bash, I think)...plus there will be the Russian Bongo Club there as well
Give me 'till next week, as I'm not too well , and I'll start the ball rolling...Sounds like a nice "Do"...also, between now and next week, can you take a look at photos on here, and the campsite's website : http://www.campingvelikotarnovo.com/ and see if there's a preference for parking up!
The camp's website is due for updating, and I haven't looked lately, but there's information there!
Cheers
Helen
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Dmitri has been in touch. So far there are 6 coming from Russia. 8)
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi
Here is a suggested route put forward by Ian
It looks quite straightforward, and I'll attempt to find a campsite for each stopover.
This route will take 5 days, and the scenery will be nice and varied
The route is here:
Calais to Koln (Cologne Germany) 423 Km.
Koln to Linz (Austria) 736 Km.
Linz to Budapest (Hungary) 433Km.
Budapest to Sibiu (Romania)
Sibiu to Veliko Turnovo ....BONGO MEET =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> 433 Km.
All those legs are very "Do-able", and should cause no grief
Ian has found a campsite in Sibiu that looks nice...well, the scenery does look nice....it's south of Transylvania... :shock: :shock: don't forget the garlic :lol: :lol: , and near the Carpatii ( Carpathians)
If you want to avoid Veliko Turnovo, I can meet you en route, and take you via a short -cut right past a very reasonable supermarket...
Anyway, more details later when I've found the stopovers, and written to the site owners
Cheers
Helen
maxmataz
Bongolier

Post by maxmataz » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Sounds Great, would be interested in the stop overs :D
jone_it

Post by jone_it » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Wow! I seem to be right on time to try jumping into the bandwagon! Can't say anything particular yet but the dates seem quite convenient to think seriously!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 am

Hi
jone-it
There' still time...but the others will have to start thinking of ferry or Chunnel bookings
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 am

Hi
Okey Dokey...Here's the campsites I have singled out :
Koln (Cologne): http://www.camping-berger-koeln.de/engl ... _home.html
Linz (Austria) : I see this is a 2.5 star, but should be adequate : http://www.rentocamp.com/win/go.cfm?tar ... 26OID12153
Budapest : http://www.hallercamping.hu/
Sibiu : http://www.salisteanca.com/gb_home.htm
If you can let me know whether the above campsites are to your liking, I will go ahead and reserve, bearing in mind that the earlier they are booked the better, as they may run out of space in some!
Cheers
Helen
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks for your hard work. I will check out the campsites asap. Any chance of discount booking on the ferry? Cheers Chris
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Any chance of linking up so there can be a bit of a convoy, say from calais?

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”