Trip Details

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Trip Details

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Helen,

We do not need any sites booked thanks. We will be travelling down from Northern Romania and will try to visit Brasov on the way south. We will try to link up with the Bongo convoy on 28th August en route from Sibiu to Camping VT. Perhaps we will meet in the queue to get our Bulgarian Vignette at the first petrol station inside Bulgaria, after the Friendship Bridge.
What route does your mail van take between Sibiu and Ruse? I would like to avoid the Bucharest Ring Road if possible and was thinking of turning off the A1 before Bucharest onto the 67 through Letca Noua to Giurgiu. However this may be a slow bumpy road. Does anyone know?

Regards,

Phil & Hil
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 am

Hi Phil
The parcel tracking is not that specific, I'm afraid...just the general route. The last I heard on Romania, (as we haven't been there for a few years), was that the best plan is to stick to the major routes, as the smaller roads are bad. The same thing applies to Bulgaria....any report you read by tourism-orientated firms saying that the roads are good, either hasn't been here, or only travel on the main roads. Travel to the villages is dire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We live in a village on a main bus route, and to travel 10 miles takes 1/2 hour because of the roads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The road to Veliko Turnovo is good. Don't worry about Vignettes, they'll flog you one at the Border patrol post, and you'll get charged for disinfecting the car at the next post....entering Romania, they spray the car...Bulgaria, you drive through a muddy puddle...sorry, I mean disinfectant :lol: :lol: :lol:
The other thing about driving in Bulgaria, is that if the police wish to stop you, they don't hold up the little "Stop Lollypop" as with other countries.....they walk out at the same time.......................It's a very good idea not to run them over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Some police speak English, but just shrug your shoulders and look stupid....it works all over Europe.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:48 am

Hi Helen,
Janet, Tom and I coming from Harwich want the camp sites booked please. We wanna go in convoy beause we are all new to the route. Thats 2 Bongos and 3 people needing hook ups. I have an awning altho' I probably will be too tired to put it up until we get to the Rally. Let me know if you need any other info.
Cheers C
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:35 am

Hi All
I have contacted the campsites, and asked if it is possible to book
Details as follows:
Nights 1-3 as detailed before regarding dates:
Tom and Janet
Chris Preece
Tim and Angie
Night 4:
as above plus
Phil (Cambriabongobulls)
As soon as I have a reply from each site, I will post details, and ask if you would be kind enough to contact them with a deposit
I will be posting as soon as everything is booked, with details of a POSSIBLE spares pack, plus details of travel suggestions re: documents
I have not booked a return trip at each campsite, and I might suggest that if you would like to secure a return place, then you could do that when you send a deposit, asking if you can pay a deposit for the return trip when you arrive at the outward destination ( Just in case you REALLY don't like it)
I would suspect that the sites are pretty good, as we had to take one site on the way here, and it had warnings that itinerant workers lived on site...AND we were locked in at night :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: As it turned out it wasn't too bad...it was the only vacant site in Modena and only a dozen itinerants left :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi
I have just had this reply from Iulian Parau at the last campsite en route...can you mail him individually with your booking, please?!

Hello

The prices for the camping you can find on our website www.salisteanca.com
Is not necessary to pay money in advance,your contacts and a confirmation of your coming will be enough;on the day you have mention we have,at this moment,available places in our camping.

Many greetings and a happy Easter!

Iulian Parau-administrator

Sounds like a nice place!!!...getting exciting, isn't it!
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 am

Hi All
I have had a reply from Jozsef, the manager of the Hungarian stopover, so can you contact him and book individually, please.
Here is the reply he sent:

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your e-mail and for choosing us. Visiting Budapest is a very good decision.
You can find a short information sheet and a smaller map on Camping Haller attached.

For more information, please visit our web site: http://www.hallercamping.hu/

I have recorded your reservation for the requested period: for 26th July, 2011.
Please remember: every 4th night that you stay in our camp is free!

Please tell me the length of your camper vans (approximately), and the estimated time of your arrival. I need these data to validate your reservation.
I would like to ask you to arrive before 14.00 h, if possible. You would help us maintaining the pitch. And you can choose the best one for you.

We don't ask you for any advance-money, but therefore we can maintain a free place for you until 19.00 h on the day of your arrival. After that time, we may give it to somebody else (this is very important for the reservations made for periods between 15th July to 25th August).

Because we are busy on those days, we can accept your reservation only for our new area, directly next to the old one (the entrance is the same). It is not shady but nice. We guarantee to maintain your free place for sure. You can try to choose another place for you at your arrival or later anytime.

We calculate the prices like these examples:
for 2 people with a tent, for 1 night, the total price is 2 x 1600 HUF + 2500 HUF = 5700 HUF or
for 2 people with a camping car or caravan, for 1 night, the total price is 2 x 1600 HUF + 3600 HUF = 6800 HUF.
A child between 3 and 14 years can stay for 800 HUF / night. Under 3 years, it is free.

Please find the actual EUR / HUF middle change rate on the official site of Hungarian National Bank: http://english.mnb.hu/arfolyamok

We are situated in the 9th district (IX), close to the river Danube, in the center of the city. The public transport is excellent, even at night. There is a tram line next to the camping and the underground is 5 minutes on foot from us. By them, you can get to the middle of downtown in a few minutes only. I can say we have a very good location fortunately. At your arrival, we will give you a map and a booklet on Budapest and help you with exact information on the travelling possibilities.

If you have a normal sized car and a tent or a caravan also, the car parking is free.
We accept cash only. But you can pay also in EUR.

In case you have any further questions, please just ask me.
We are looking forward to your arrival!

Best regards,

Jozsef Benko
manager
Mobile: +36-20-367-4274
Summer phone: +36-1-476-3418

Camping Haller
Haller u. 27
Budapest, 1096
Hungary
http://www.hallercamping.hu
GPS: N 47º 28,55' E 19º 04,975'
LAT 47.475833 LON 19.082916

All getting more exciting, eh?....that's 2 stopovers in place for a booking...I'm waiting on the others
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Looking good Helen, thanks for all your hard work.
Tim & Angie
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi
I've just had this reply from Camping Linz in Austria....one more reply to go , and we'll be all taken care of...I will mail Cologne campsite if they don't reply soon
Would you all be kind enough to let me know when you have booked the campsites, so I can try to help you with a travel schedule
There will be an information pack to come out to you soon, and details of a spares pack from the club shop....
Please keep a watch-out on here each week for further information.
Not long now!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi

We have just booked our ferry crossing to Dunkirk for Sat 23rd July. We plan to have a lazy first day in Belgium and then head off to Koln on Sunday to camp there on Sun eve, hopefully meeting up with the Harwich Bongoliers and any-one else there.
Havnt booked any camp-sites yet but plan to book the sites that Helen has found:
Sun 24th Camp at Koln
Mon 25th Camp at Linz
Tue 26th Camp at Budapest
wed 27th Camp at Sibiu
then; Thu 28th to Sunday 31st Camp at Veliko.

Tim & Angie
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:01 am

Hi Helen,
I have just checked the Forum site and I think that you may have indicated that we wanted to book night 4 at Salisteanca. In fact we do not require this booking as we have already made arrangements for this night elsewhere in Romania. We hope to meet up with the other Bongos en route between Sibiu and VT. Thinking about it, we may also run into some of the Russian contingent who will be heading from the Ukraine through Romania to Bulgaria.
We are off in our Bongo to Belgium and Germany for the next 4 weeks, but we will try to log in on WiFi campsites on our travels so see what is going on.
Regards,
Phil
CumbriaBongoBulls
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Phil
Thanks...and good luck for the trip (not that you'll need it!)....and don't forget to take lots of pictures.
Cheers
Helen
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Helen,
I have contacted the Sibiu and Budapest camps but I can't find details of the camp in Linz here. Have I missed something? Looking forward! Cheers Chris
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi Chris
Here: http://www.rentocamp.com/win/go.cfm?tar ... 26OID12153
Let me know if you have any problems
Cheers
Helen
chrispreece1

Post by chrispreece1 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi Helen, thanks for the Linz link.

I have had a reply from the budapest camp to say they are full that night. Could it be because we are already booked in there?
Cheers. :)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun May 01, 2011 4:27 am

Hi Chris
I don't know...I did post to say that I leave the bookings to each individual, as I don't know your travel times. Try the other members going on the trip . Tim and Angie may have booked...PM them, or I can look for an alternative site.
I'm writing to the one at Koln today, as they haven't responded, and if no reply , I'll try another
Cheers
Helen

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”