Some Travel Suggestions

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Some Travel Suggestions

Post by helen&tony » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi
It looks that one or two more people will be showing interest in this trip after Christmas...when we really must count heads for the Campsite. It also occurs to me that some owners may be a bit cautious about the Bongo's reliability after reading odd threads on coolant and hoses, cylinder heads, and so on....Let me allay those fears NOW....the Bongo is a terrifically reliable vehicle, and the journey here is around 4000Km return plus running around.....that's less than a factory oil change interval!!!...but there are a few do's and don'ts to add, then the journey will be enormous fun, through some gorgeous scenery...and the chance to "Meet the Russian Bongoists" again.
Many years back, I got involved in a huge "Round Europe" sortie in Landrovers, taking some months to complete (never made it due to illness), and there are a few tips to pass on later in the thread...meanwhile, I think it would be good to start to think about how you can travel in groups, and I'll add to the thread with plans to cover nearly ANY problem.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Some Travel Suggestions

Post by Ian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:20 pm

We have manged to track down a couple of blogs that

a) describe a motorhome journey from Veliko Turnovo to the UK via Romania & Hungary in 2009 (see http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/view/864/30/); and

b) from the same people, a journey from eastern Romania down to Bulgaria last November (see http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/view/1086/258)

Myself & Helen will look at these reports and report back shortly on the recommended routes.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Ian
Supreme Being

Re: Some Travel Suggestions

Post by Ian » Sun May 15, 2011 12:02 pm

668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”