Photos and Information

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Photos and Information

Post by helen&tony » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi
I am hoping to get some pictures of the campsite up on here over the next couple of weeks, to see what has been done since I last visited...It should give an idea of what to expect, and rate of progress since last year. It is all new and up-to-date, but the extras planned should make it very nice.
Is there any information anyone would like, as I can find out when I go there?....
Come Summer-time, we will probably have to give an idea of numbers and dates, so that the best areas are not pre-booked...I am not sure of how far ahead other campers book, and I have only an impression as to how busy they get, but I will give any info. I can.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Photos and Information

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am

Hi
O.K. ...the owners of the site have been on holiday, and I checked again today, and have arranged to go and pick up a disc with some snaps on it, and I'll take some more while we're there. I asked about the swimming pool, as they haven't got it in yet, and they'll be starting installation after the season in November, as it's been unusually bad this year/ last winter....however, July will make a nice date next year...temperatures are usually upper 30s, to mid 40s in July, with the area of the campsite slightly lower and fresher, being at the Edge of the Balkans. If anyone is planning on dipping a line, I'll find out where and how to get a rod license ...there is a smashing reservoir within 20 mins of Veliko Turnovo...restaurant (of sorts) there, and I believe there is an Indian/ Pakistani cafe/ restaurant in a neighbouring village, but I'll have to check with our friend on that, as they have a house in the village.
From what I gather, fishing round Bulgaria includes trout, carp, pike and pirhana....that's right ....PIRHANA...not sure of where they are, but there's a colony established in one reservoir....the locals say that's where the Mafia dispose of the bodies, according to the newspapers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:36 am

Helen I can not find rooms in camping. They have rooms? My car is not ready for sleeping and I do not know what is a tent and how to use it :-)
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 am

Hi Demon
I've sent you a P.M.
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi
I've just got back from the campsite, and I''l look at the CD of photos I have picked up from the campsite and post them later!
Hi Demon
I have GOOD news for you regarding rooms...they don't have them on site, but there's a smashing guest house in a couple of minutes walk...all brand new and English owned. I'll PM you with some other favourable information.
Cheers
Helen
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm

helen&tony wrote:I have GOOD news for you regarding rooms...they don't have them on site, but there's a smashing guest house in a couple of minutes walk...all brand new and English owned.
Send details to me as well.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:06 am

Hi
There are 3 or 4 guest houses in the village, and one about 6Km away...I can vouch for that one personally, as we know the folk who run it (that's how we found the campsite), so I'll PM you both today.
Cheers
Helen
DemonAV
Bongolier

Post by DemonAV » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:01 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
...Hi Demon
I have GOOD news for you regarding rooms...they don't have them on site, but there's a smashing guest house in a couple of minutes walk...all brand new and English owned. ...
Helen
Sounds good. Will wait. Thank you.
Russian Mazda Friendee Club
http://www.mazdafriendee.ru
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:22 am

Hi Demon and Ian
PMs Sent
Pictures will be up soon, when I can get Tony to sort them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am

Hi
Here's some pictures of the campsite
The above shots show the campsite, but not the individual hookups. I think they all have hookup and an integral waste point suitable for direct connection, and there is a CDP
I'll check, but I think each pitch had water, or if not, VERY close
The pictures show the house and cafe, also the toilet block...there are disabled facilities, and a couple of outside wash and prep. areas with sinks for washing up. There is additional parking behind the house, and if there is anything else you need to know, ask!...Same applies to the photos...if you want more, ask.
They have planned for a swimming pool and budgeted for it, apparently, but work should be started late this year, and they have said keep in touch.
I have pencilled in the dates Ian mentioned for next year, and they can be flexible if people are coming early/ leaving late
I am told that a Dutch campervan group came last year, are booked this year, and intend to book again, so that's a recommendation, as the Dutch are rather selective. I say this, as I have always camped in farmers fields or wild, and don't know much about this sort of camping....
The site is clean, nice, the owners seem affable (I've only met Nicky), and they seem helpful
If you want anything organised, they can sort you out, or I can arrange things.

More info later
Cheers
Helen
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

I hope the prisoners in pic 2 have finished their labour by 2011 :shock:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:56 am

Hi Dandy
Did I note that you were a "Prisoner Cell Block H" fan?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 am

Hi
Some prices:
The site will offer a 6 Lev. discount for more than 4, and for 15 or more booked, there will be 2 free places
Nicky says she will maintain a price of 20 levs per pitch for 2011 if we book soonish...
Is it possible to let me know if you are coming, so that I can make some arrangements.
I will do any booking, but when it comes to cash, we pay Ian...a small deposit of some sort would be good ( amount yet to be finalised), which would presumably be returnable.
20 levs is around 8.4 GBP per night at the moment...for an all electric pitch, with water, either on each pitch or very close
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:47 am

Hi
I've just had the following mail from the Campsite regarding prices:

Dear Tony and Helen,

My apologies for not emailing you sooner but we have been quite busy lately with the local fire officers making sure that our campsite is safe for our customers which as you would know in Bulgaria entails lots of documents and stamps and signatures. The good news that is complete and we are approved from a fire safety standpoint.

For your proposed Mazda Bongo Rally in 2011 we would like to propose the following offer:

Camping Pitch including 2 people for each night : 20 Leva. This is a reduction of 6 Levs per night on our current 2010 prices.

One free Camping Pitch per night for the organisers (tour group leader) if 15 or more pitches are booked.

Two free Camping Pitches per night for the organisers (tour group leaders) if 25 or more pitches are booked.

Electricity Hook Up 240V, 16 Amp : 4 Lev per night

All other charges will be based on our 2010 price list i.e. for children over 6, domestic animals, additional cars etc. which is detailed here:

http://www.campingvelikotarnovo.com/pricing.html

Photographs of the site can be seen here...

http://wwwcampingvelikotarnovo.com/campsitephotos.html

Services for tour groups are detailed here...

http://www.campingvelikotarnovo.com/tourgroups.html

This list of services is not complete so please ask if there is anything else we could help your group with. For example, we can arrange group tickets into local attractions, booking of the Sound and Light Show at Tsaravets, excursions to with a air conditioned coach and multi-lingual guides etc.

If those who want to attend can give some indication, both from Bongo Fury members, and The Russian Delegation, I can get the prices fixed for next year...As I mentioned earlier, I looked in again, and it's a nice tidy clean site, and well situated for a meet. I think the area is relatively popular as a tourist base, but the site is far enough away from hubub to enjoy some peace...and there's a very good shopping centre within a few kilometers

Thanks
Cheers
Helen
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:05 am

For some reason the camp site photos link doesn't work for me but clicking on the link in the website does - and it appears to read the same.

http://www.campingvelikotarnovo.com/campsitephotos.html

Strange.

PS just noticed - there is a "." missing after www in Helen's posted link.

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”