routes to Bulgaria, and travelling

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

helen&tony
Supreme Being

routes to Bulgaria, and travelling

Post by helen&tony » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi
Soon I shall go and get photos, and start another thread, as I expect to book for 2011, the site will need a bit of notice, but in the meantime, I would think you might like to look at routes, and how long you want to take...It can be done in 2 days to Bulgaria, with 2 drivers...but I would expect you want to take more. There is then a question of breakdown....many Bongos will have a towbar, so it would be an easy task to knock up a couple of solid hitch bars....and with everyone carrying one type of spare part, everything will be covered. I expect this will be un-necessary with Bongos, though, but years ago we were planning a monster European Land Rover tour, and this idea came up!
If anyone wants advice or opinions, ask away!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: routes to Bulgaria, and travelling

Post by helen&tony » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi
I've just thought...if enough people are travelling, and you make a good advanced booking, what about asking the ferry companies/ Eurotunnel, for a block discount?
As the Dutch say...no you have got, yes you can get 8) 8)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Sue

Post by Sue » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi
Soon I shall go and get photos, and start another thread, as I expect to book for 2011, the site will need a bit of notice, but in the meantime, I would think you might like to look at routes, and how long you want to take...It can be done in 2 days to Bulgaria, with 2 drivers...but I would expect you want to take more. There is then a question of breakdown....many Bongos will have a towbar, so it would be an easy task to knock up a couple of solid hitch bars....and with everyone carrying one type of spare part, everything will be covered. I expect this will be un-necessary with Bongos, though, but years ago we were planning a monster European Land Rover tour, and this idea came up!
If anyone wants advice or opinions, ask away!
Cheers
Helen
Hi, very interested in this trip, please put me down and any date is good with me....
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Sue
O.K. ..I'll do a head count in early January, and get some figures to the campsite
Cheers
Helen
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun May 15, 2011 12:03 pm

668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”