Driving Young Alfie

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

bongobumpkin
Apprentice Bongonaut

Driving Young Alfie

Post by bongobumpkin » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Happy new year Bongoers
Need some clarification on child seats. I've looked at the forums and am unsure what I need for a 18 month grandson to be safely tethered into the rear seats on a unconverted Friendee, are isofix seats Ok?
Cheers medears
Ken
cmm303
Supreme Being

Re: Driving Young Alfie

Post by cmm303 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 am

The Bongo does not have ISOFIX fittings so you would need to use a child seat that works with seat belts. I believe that most do.
Here is information that you may find useful http://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/car- ... belts.aspx
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:37 pm

As above you don't want ISOFIX - that is a new (and largely optional) fitting.

Is it a regular need or a one off? If a one off then find out what seat he already has and see if that fits.

The Bongo is a bit funny for fitting seats to - lots won't fit due to the long tails on the receiver end. Some people wrap the strap round the bar below the seat to shorten it - but this is a grey area.
mountainmummy
Bongolier

Post by mountainmummy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi

We had to wrap our belts round the bar under the seat to avoid buckle crunch. Our two are in stage 3 seats now. There are some seats that fit without wrapping for younger children, (Britax or Kiddy Guardian Pro range I Think).

I believe some of the newer bongos do have isofix (think there's been a few posts on the Facebook sites about this). So if you have a newer van you might be lucky.

Sara.
Why, oh why did I chose such a naff forum name????

Return to “Bongoing with Children”