Your experience bongoing with a 3-6 months baby ?

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Your experience bongoing with a 3-6 months baby ?

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:40 am

What sort of finances do you have?

I saw a Cockpit Micro one at last years tough northerners meet and was well impressed.
I looked at a 2007 model the other day as I passed Stuart Longtons Caravans in Bolton le Sands....£4000.just an indication of a 2nd hand price.Would tick all the boxes for a child camping.

Go Pods and Cockpit caravans are similar,click the link.....:-
http://www.go-pods.co.uk/

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:12 pm

I am quite sure that I have read about people who have filled the gap between the front of the back seat and the back of the front seat with a box, and put some sort of mattress across the gap.

If your back seats can fold flat, the little one can sleep on the bit between boot lid and kitchen, and one of you can lie full length alongside.

Our son had just turned three when we got the Bongo so he went straight up in the roof but on days when it was too windy to have the roof up, he slept crossways, and we slept lengthways.

I think you may regret selling the Bongo once your baby isn't a baby any more. Days out, muddy walks, etc. So much easier with a Bongo.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
sjohanna
Junior Bongonaut

Post by sjohanna » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:27 pm

Thank you for the reply. The pod looks fun but probably not for us at this stage.

@Alison, yes, I guess we need to do what you say: fold the back seat flat, and make something to create a bed for an adult. Something that can be easily put away during the day.

If anybody has links or photos?

We have to try something before deciding to sell it...
---------------------------------------
Mazda Bongo 1999 Petrol - Bought in Dec 2010.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:07 pm

It might be worth trawling through all the photos in the Show Us Yer Insides thread to see if anything there can give you some inspiration.

It's here http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 47&t=37365

There's an idea on page 4 of that thread which may fit your needs (you'll have to scroll down). A bed extension which is stored under the rear seat. Not sure if members "The Pickles" are still active on here, but if they are, maybe they can offer advice. Looks good.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)

Return to “Bongoing with Children”