Newbie - Hello

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

jon888
Apprentice Bongonaut

Newbie - Hello

Post by jon888 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi Everyone

New bongo owner here. My wife and I were keen to get a camper again having sold our old one (D reg toyota hiace) to help fund her wedding, sorry our wedding. The bongo seemed the ideal candidate now that we have two young ones, 4yr oldgirl and 6 week old boy. Had a good look around and picked one up two weeks ago. 1997 model. Clean on the outside and solid underneath. Carpets a bit grubby in the inside beneath the middle row of seats but apart from that in good nick. Needs a few things to make it a good camping unit, awning, leisure battery, mattresses,kitchen etc but will do as it is for now.

Looking forward to getting out in it and sharing stories.

I think this club/forum is brilliant. A wealth of information and hints tips. Particularly like the fact sheets.

Jon
winchman
Supreme Being

Re: Newbie - Hello

Post by winchman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Welcome.
Post your location in your profile as you may be near other members.
Carpets.
Take them out and jet wash them, they come up very well
Kitchen just make your own
jon888
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by jon888 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Thanks. Looks like we are close!

Carpet will be replaced with a hard floor with vinyl. Wipe clean for the kids and the dog! Both who always get muddy!

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me build my own but she has her heart set one she's seen.....
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Hello and welcome.

The carpets in mine are grey and seem to have either a lot of coffee stains on them od soy sauce :lol: I have found a spray die for vehicle carpets so I am going to five it a try and change them to black.

Happy Bongoing!
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 pm

jon888 wrote:Thanks. Looks like we are close!

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me build my own but she has her heart set one she's seen.....
Well its much cheaper to build your own
Heres my £150 kitchen, designed to fit in the gap behind the seats so I still have a 8 seater, just tip the rear seat forward when cooking.
Best thing to do is make one from any old wood you find just to get the design right before you make or order the proper one.
I am currently working on a side kitchen with a rock and roll bed that can be fitted or removed in one hour so I have a two berth camper and an MPV

Return to “Bongoing with Children”