Mid fit or side fit camper with baby and 6 year old?

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

Swindlebiscuit
Bongonaut

Re: Mid fit or side fit camper with baby and 6 year old?

Post by Swindlebiscuit » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Haven't had our Bongo too long, but chalk us up for another 'unconverted + driveaway awning' vote.

The awning gives you plenty of space to sit/store stuff (or let the toddler play) when you're camped. Leaving the seats as they are gives us a bit more space inside, and makes it more practical as a simple MPV.

Besides, not keen on kitchen conversions. I don't want to drive something that smells like a roadside cafe ;)
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Bit unfair of me to add anything to this post as we have the flip-up rear seats and therefore have the luxury of a removable conversion :D

But I will anyway, because I know how often the conversion is a useful thing, and how often it's surplus to requirements.

If there's two of us (me and the boy), we use the conversion and usually no awning.

If there's three of us (me, hubby and boy), and it's a one or two nighter, we use the conversion and a utility tent.

If there's three of us and we're on holiday, the conversion stays at home, the seat goes back in and we use the Bongo as the bedroom and our driveway awning for cooking/living.

On weeks out of 52 that the conversion is in the Bongo, I'd say it's fewer than 26 as that gives us more seating or more boot space depending on what we're up to. We normally keep it in over the Autumn/Winter months, as it makes the Bongo into a nice retreat after a cold, wet walk. Much cheaper than a cafe and it makes you popular with your friends!!

It's also useful to have a sink for washing muddy hands after an acorn collecting expedition!!!!!!

As advised before, live without a conversion and find out what you are really using your Bongo for before you decide to take the plunge.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:23 pm

http://clearcutconversions.co.uk/product/tourer-plus/ was it this one you liked did us well with two kids .

we did like the look of this one from them two http://clearcutconversions.co.uk/produc ... rettyPhoto
take it easy drive a bongo

Return to “Bongoing with Children”