Bongo and Baby

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

northerntaff

Re: Bongo and Baby

Post by northerntaff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:04 pm

madmile wrote:Last night I made a bed for an 18mth old that just occupies the front roof section but has a netting attached to the base and clips to the roof. Will try to take a photo later to give some other ideas.
I always think with babies and very young children that it is important to keep the roof open while they sleep so they cant sleep over the hatch and prevent you getting to them quickly / quietly etc.
Spot on Ed - defo have to be able to not rely on being able to open the hatch. Sounds like you've cracked another problem with your 18month olds bed.
mr and mrs pips
Bongolier

Post by mr and mrs pips » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:10 pm

rabbitsquasher wrote:Image

this is how we cope, well did cope, I've just bought some foam and my sis is going to make a bed that goes across the front seats, she works as a trimmer for Aston Martin so should be good!
That Pic is Great...

Regards Mr P
northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:31 pm

northerntaff wrote: defo have to be able to not rely on being able to open the hatch.
This is possibly the worst sentance I've ever written and I apologise!!! I'm obviously tired, so I'm off to bed !
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:59 am

mr and mrs pips wrote:
rabbitsquasher wrote:Image

this is how we cope, well did cope, I've just bought some foam and my sis is going to make a bed that goes across the front seats, she works as a trimmer for Aston Martin so should be good!
That Pic is Great...

Regards Mr P

Thankyou Mr p!
the original idea was to use the travel cot upstairs, but it was just too high. Jackson likes to go to bed around 6.30 so we ended up going upstairs at the same time!! It was around 1 degree that night, we took plenty of blankets, put J in a baby sleeping bag and he was as snug as a bug in a rug.
mr and mrs pips
Bongolier

Post by mr and mrs pips » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:35 pm

HI

We have been using one of these for the last Year.

Samsonite Pop up Cot which he uses in the house aswell and a Luggage net.

fits above the cab nicely if your at the Bongo SE this month give us a shout.

regards

Mr P
rabbitsquasher

Post by rabbitsquasher » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:00 pm

we're at southern softies at the weekend, staying at wooburn green thurs night cant wait!!
apapa
Bongonaut

Post by apapa » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 am

We have been away over Easter. It was much too cold for a baby (about 8 degrees C) without heating.

I am sure there are loads of people here who can give you advice about keeping a bongo warm. I would suggest you make sure you have a digital thermometer so you can monitor the temp. We have one built into the baby monitor.

Regards

a
mayk19
Bongolier

Post by mayk19 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 am

indeed that is toooo cold.
Hi im Simon
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:52 am

mr and mrs pips wrote:HI

We have been using one of these for the last Year.

Samsonite Pop up Cot which he uses in the house aswell and a Luggage net.

fits above the cab nicely if your at the Bongo SE this month give us a shout.

regards

Mr P
I like your luggage net. Is it a posh cargo net or an actual container? Something you have made up yourself, or modified or did it come like that. And how have you attached it?

It's hardly likely to keep my three year old in place but could be good for when I need to chuck all the junk upstairs to make room to manoeuvre downstairs.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
mr and mrs pips
Bongolier

Post by mr and mrs pips » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Are you going to the Reading meet ?

regards

Mr P
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:26 am

mr and mrs pips wrote:Are you going to the Reading meet ?

regards

Mr P
No, but you'll have noticed that by the time you read my tardy response #-o . We will be going to the Woodlands meet in Devon in May, and will likely be up your neck of the woods visiting folk in the Autumn (might even be at the Halloween meet).

Hope you enjoyed Southern Softies.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Here are a few pics of the bed over the cab I recently did for a customer. It uses a bunk net cut down from standard size. The top has buckles that clip to straps screwed into the upper aluminium mounting. The lower part of the netting is attached to an aluminium strip which is riveted to the front roof floor section.
The nets are available from reimo and other conversion stockist for about £50. I made the mattress to fit the front section only.

northerntaff

Post by northerntaff » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow, really neat job Ed, looks a brilliant solution for those with real little 'uns. =D> =D> =D>
mr and mrs pips
Bongolier

Post by mr and mrs pips » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
mr and mrs pips wrote:Are you going to the Reading meet ?

regards

Mr P
No, but you'll have noticed that by the time you read my tardy response #-o . We will be going to the Woodlands meet in Devon in May, and will likely be up your neck of the woods visiting folk in the Autumn (might even be at the Halloween meet).

Hope you enjoyed Southern Softies.
No problems It was soggy to start but great for little ones Sat & Sun.

Maybe Halloween
Regards Mr P
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am

our nearly five year old grandson has epilepsy so that net idea would solve a lot of problems as long as he is short enough to fit across that way - if he has a fit i need to get too him quick and the hatch needs to be open as he may be on top of it at the time but without risk of him falling through it mid fit.- meanwhile (budget and all that) we plan to take him to his first meet very soon - we were thinking of putting the front passenger seat flat and putting a board along to even it out with the short self inflating matresses on top
we had thought of resting his feet end of the board on the dropped down glove box but i,m a bit worried it will break it has anyone else tried this.

Return to “Bongoing with Children”