Everybody has paid..

Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn 17 to 22 June

Moderator: Ian

haydn callow
Supreme Being

Everybody has paid..

Post by haydn callow » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Last year I let somone leave with a alarm kit on the promise of "cheque to follow" It never did.
This year a few peeps took kits on and I am pleased to say they did not let me down...Many thanks to you all for such prompt payment.....faith in the human race restored.

THANK YOU !!
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Re: Everybody has paid..

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:21 pm

=D> I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you, Haydn,
for supplying and fitting my Coolant Alarm earlier this year, as you are aware
it was that said alarm which alerted me to the fact I shouldn't pull away from Stourport
last weekend, when I wanted to.
Anyhow, after topping up and taking it steady on the way home
keeping a close eye on everything
all seemed fine. Obviously when I got home I have carried out a full inspection and
completely drained down and refilled the system incase I had any air pockets,
all done as per the fact sheets.
Cheers once again, your alarm just may have saved me a pretty penny.
cheers! party on dudes.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 pm

Fingers crossed Crazy [-o< Did you run out of scrumpy & start drinking your antifreeze? :lol:
Good news Haydn, I guess that means I won't be needing the baseball bat now then :wink: :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 pm

great news Haydn and well done on all your hard work =D> =D>
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm

While we're doing a bit of Haydn backslapping :wink: (not backstabbing [-X ) I can verify that the coolant alarm, UV dye & torch works 8)
I had the coolant alarm go off when I was parked on a hill earlier, same hill I always park on when I pick my nehew up, went off as soon as I got on the level. Checked the coolant level when I got home, slightly below full by a couple of mm, so I got out my trusty uv torch I got from Haydn at the weekend (fits perfect in the flare holder), quickly located a tiny leak thanks to a uv stain where a hose clip needed tightening, job done 8) Nice one - yet again Haydn =D>
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm

missfixit70 wrote:While we're doing a bit of Haydn backslapping :wink: (not backstabbing [-X ) I can verify that the coolant alarm, UV dye & torch works 8)
I had the coolant alarm go off when I was parked on a hill earlier, same hill I always park on when I pick my nehew up, went off as soon as I got on the level. Checked the coolant level when I got home, slightly below full by a couple of mm, so I got out my trusty uv torch I got from Haydn at the weekend (fits perfect in the flare holder), quickly located a tiny leak thanks to a uv stain where a hose clip needed tightening, job done 8) Nice one - yet again Haydn =D>

Do you mean you don't check every hose and every clip before every journey and every 20 miles or so during the journey?

My flabber is well and truly ghasted.................. :shock:

Don'tcha know that's the only sure way to avoid problems - can't rely on these new fangled alarum thingies y'know.
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

missfixit70 wrote:While we're doing a bit of Haydn backslapping :wink: (not backstabbing [-X ) I can verify that the coolant alarm, UV dye & torch works 8)

Kirsty, that's a great post. I'm firmly a member of the 'Haydn saved my bongo' club following the core plug incident this year but in your case, having read previously of some of the work you have done to your bongo's coolant system it clearly proves that a low coolant alarm fitted to even the best maintained bongos is a really good investment.

Thumbs up to Haydn and its great to see that people kept promises, says a huge amount about the club! =D> =D>

Return to “Bongo Bash 2009”