Ignorance

Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn 17 to 22 June

Moderator: Ian

fasthands

Ignorance

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:25 am

I hope the group of people who are singing way too loud at the Worcester bash at 12:20am and beyond,with total disregard for the site guidelines and their neighbours, will be as happy when the Bongo fury meeting will not be able to attend the site again. Where are the bongo police now? Strange how they can stop children playing with a ball... But not this disruption and selfishness.
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Re: Ignorance

Post by The Great Pretender » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:31 am

Strange..................I can't hear them. :shock: :shock: :shock:
To infinity and beyond
Dolly1
Bongolier

Post by Dolly1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:33 am

Strange,why did you not go and see this group of people and ask them to turn their volume down.
I feel sure that they would have done so if you had asked them,

How do you know that the Bongo Fury meeting will not be able to attend the site again,please tell us,or is it classified. :wink: :wink: :wink:
SARAH & LIONEL - I Used to be Citroen 2CV "DOLLY" mad but BONGO-MAD lady with not so mad husband now!
fasthands

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:05 am

Couldn't hear them!! Why should I get out of my tent at 1am and walk up a field and ask people do keep the noise down...!? The sheet we ALL got when booking the site pitches, says no exessive noise after 11pm. Singing every song so loud it could be heared 100 yards away is exessive... Plus as they are only 50 yards away from the static caravans. I am betting there will be complaints from that area. Hence why I won't be suprised if we are as a group are not made welcome in the future. You can see in the site phone box the fact that complaints do get made, and dealt with.

It's just simple guidelines and respect for fellow campers.
dewalt28

Post by dewalt28 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:44 am

We too were woke up with the noise which in our opinion was quite exesive I know we are here to enjoy ourselves but we were all given a sheet regarding noise after 11 so this should have been sorted before it became a problem and as for going over to the group and asking them to be quiet surely that's why we had the bongo patrol for that very reason hopefully this won't lead to future meets here being put into doubt because there are people other than bongo folk who do pay thousands of pounds a year for the privalidge of peace and quiet and won't put up with it to the extent that maybe we would
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:04 am

Well, I am afraid if there was excessive noise then you should have had the guts to just go up and ask them to turn it down abit as you were trying to sleep, not just come on the forum and complain :?

I hate to think if you came to one of the local meets (yorkshire and north west) where people get to gether to have a laugh and a drink, and dont go to bed till the early hrs :shock: , We have people come from scotland and from bristol everytime to our meets because we know how to party and have a laugh and they do too.

If we are making too much noise then people who know and come to the meets will ask us to tone it down abit. Nothing hard about that!, Then we all quieten down or go back to someones caravan as not to upset anyone further.

To be honest this is the reason I DONT go to Ians organised bashes, simply the fact is that its not just a getaway break for me, its the friends and local people who get together and have a drink and a laugh who like to have a party, On one of the organised ones I went to it wasnt like that at all, everyone wanted to take a photo of each and every bongo and talk bongo then go to bed by 9 pm. Wasnt my idea of fun so never went to another :wink:

Well anyway hope you enjoy your rest of the bash, and just tell them next time, wont hurt by asking them to keep it down abit!
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:16 am

I dont go either simply because mine is a flat top and if I wanted a caravanette I bought have bought a real one, lol, but..had I been there and heard the noise then I would certainly have gone over and told them in no uncertain terms about the noise, that said there is absolutely no excuse for a so called organised group to completely ignore the rules of the camp they are on and to ignore the feelings and comfort of others in this way,would people put up with it from noisy neighbours or group back home...no and a call to the police may have been made, this is different being an organised meet at an official campsite and the so called bongo police should have stepped in, they didnt and people suffered as a result, maybe it is time to shuffle the police. This is not good publicity for bongo owners now is it. The only answer I suppose is dont go anymore and no one will be disturbed then. This is just my opinion I am not politically correct in any way so if I have offended anyone then...tough. :wink:
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 am

Yes it was very loud guitar and singing,shouting and screaming to gone 1 am, bad form

and as for going and having a word, if you think i'm trying to reason with a group of drunks who obviously have no regard for anyone else then you have another thing coming, been there before.

It was purly rudness by these people.

won't let it spoil an otherwise great weekend though
fasthands

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:43 pm

westonwarrior wrote:Yes it was very loud guitar and singing,shouting and screaming to gone 1 am, bad form

and as for going and having a word, if you think i'm trying to reason with a group of drunks who obviously have no regard for anyone else then you have another thing coming, been there before.

It was purly rudness by these people.

won't let it spoil an otherwise great weekend though
Exactly..... If I did go over and ask them to keep it down it could have escalated into a row which I or other people don't want. As for guts please don't patronize me!! I have the GUT'S but there are the Bong Fury police for this as we saw during the day. And just by saying this is a example of the confontational attitude that could have been taken by the people making the noise and the problem gets worse.

I am 31 years old and also loves to have a good laugh and a drink, but I know when to stop and respect others.
fasthands

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 pm

But otherwise it was a fantastic weekend and we met some great people... :D :D :D we loved the various kitchen installments and they gave us some real good ideas, thank you.
It was a pleasure to have the photo shoot with "Big Daddy Cain". There were some real nice pimp ideas around. I loved some of the white Bongo's they looked real classy and put a VW to shame. :wink:
We met some friends that we have met on other meets and had a good laugh, Again... The others I spoke to about the EGR blanking plates just PM me and I will get them to you!!!
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 pm

fasthands wrote: As for guts please don't patronize me!!.

I am not patronising you!!, just an observation from someone who wasnt at the bash and reading your comment on a public forum :?

Especially with the comment that you have on your signature means to me you are easily offended and you would want to make sure everyone knows it too

Hope you had a great break anyhow despite the private party :wink:
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:06 pm

I dont and would not blame the bongo patrol
I walked my daughter over to the ablutions block and could not hear the singing there so they probably could not hear it there accustics are a funny thing as the band and the neighbours found.

last on this subject hopefully from me is when the band finished at 11 that should have been it no need for any one to go round shushing
fasthands

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:37 pm

waycar 8, have pm'd you.
fasthands

Post by fasthands » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:16 pm

It seems I may have dealt with my annoyance at the loud music affair in the wrong way, In the opinion of a few people.... And seem to have come over as confrontational.
I have done it this was in the hope that the people will read it and have a little think next time they are at a bash about keeping the party going till the early hours. I chose the forum as I thought it would be the opposite of confrontational, rather than going over there and having to ask them to keep the noise down, when alcohol was involved, I have seen the results of this method before. It may well have been taken well and the matter resolved there and then. But I wasn't prepared to get up again, get dressed again then get undressed again, and get into bed again. and risk a confrontation. fundamentally it shouldn't have been happening. I will end my comments on the subject now and move on. :D :D :D

Return to “Bongo Bash 2009”