Riverside caravan and camping (Crickhowell Wales)

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Riverside caravan and camping (Crickhowell Wales)

Post by BongoBongo123 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:54 pm

I need say no more about the small town looks. :) (And this is within 5mins walk of the site) There was a lovely rural pub with plenty of
outdoor tables, people looked like they were having a nice evening.

Long story short we were just about to end the days travel and pulled into this site, I went into the office but there was no one around at that moment. We had a last minute change of plans as a text message came through and yet I spoke to the owner and he was lovely. Despite us not staying after a change of plan he let us both use the loos, had a lovely chat and a handshake.

I suspect we shall go back there after that lovely welcome. It bodes well for how he treats his customers.

I thought it worth a mention.

(I done near on 1,000kms that weekend many on the hills of Wales, gorgeous)
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Riverside caravan and camping (Crickhowell Wales)

Post by Bob » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Nice one. :D

This would tie in nicely for anyone wanting to extend the Welsh Bash in early October. :wink:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:31 am

Sounds like your enjoying the Bongo BB123 =D>

My partner and me drove the Bongo all round Pembrokeshire a week back and thoroughly enjoyed seeing views over hedges that car drivers don't get to see, and using it for picnics etc. The doggies enjoyed the middle section as their Pullman class travel. And the 2.5td made easy work of hill and dale. This is my 12th year of ownership and the car still impresses me like none other. 8)
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Yes we are enjoying it indeed. We had a planned weekend that went a bit pear shaped for one reason and another. Ended up staying in Tregaron one night after a good run through empty valleys. Went to Aberystwyth and back to Bath for a night.

This place was very picturesque. Look up images online, lovely village and nice landscape all around.

Longest run we have done thus far. Glad she is Magnetecced. :)

Return to “Campsites”