Camping and Caravanning Club

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

TheHillsAreCalling
Bongonaut

Camping and Caravanning Club

Post by TheHillsAreCalling » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 am

Hi all!

We recently joined the Camping and Caravanning Club inorder to have more options for campsites that are open all year. We had our first stay in one at the weekend - Zambuka House Campsite near Osmington in Dorset. It's a small site, but in a fantastic location with lovely views over the fields to the sea, and modern facilities that were kept spotlessly clean. All just how we like it, and to top it all we had the whole place to ourselves! Bliss! :D If all the sites are like this one, then we'll be very happy with our membership. :D

I know a fair few of you are also members... Any recommendations of good club sites? Any views / information / tips on the club and how to make the most of it would be great too! I'm hoping our membership money was well spent [-o< :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Camping and Caravanning Club

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 pm

The site at Priddy (Cheddar Heights) is very nice.

Easy walk to the Queen Vic, and make sure you visit the Hunter's Lodge. Address is Priddy but it's a couple of miles down the road. Not open all day.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Can't say that we have ever found any Club site that isn't up to the standard expected, and the CL sites are also normally of good standard.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Just to be clear Zambuka House is a CS not a Club Site. I had to look it up as I'd never heard of it. Looks nice though. Good spot! =D>
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 pm

TheHillsAreCalling wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 am Any recommendations of good club sites? Any views / information / tips on the club and how to make the most of it would be great too! I'm hoping our membership money was well spent [-o< :D
Have stayed at a few C&CC sites since having Bongo converted this year. The club's motto is 'the friendly club' which it seems to live up to on all the sites I've visited, which is more than can be said for the other large club for campervans and other RVs. The only thing I would do differently is go for a paper-based membership as you get the site directory and a hard copy of the club magazine. Having said that, the app for electronic booking works well (assuming you're somewhere with a signal and not the wilds of Scotland/ Norfolk etc.)
Would wholeheartedly recommend Loch Ness Shores, which has a very cool converted Airstream food van, as well as Minehead and Monkton Wyld club sites in the West country. On every site pitches are spacious and wardens ensure that the legal 6m gap is maintained between units, which is more than can be said for many private sites.
I am a member of both clubs as this increases the number of sites available, particularly since CLs are not normally open to non-members.
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Blackmore club site in the Malverns is great and in a lovely area to explore. I definitely go there again.
TheHillsAreCalling
Bongonaut

Post by TheHillsAreCalling » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks all! Good to hear such positive views, and some great recommendations. I didn;t kno wthere was an app, but now I do I'll be installing it forthwith! Cheers!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Markas wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 pm
TheHillsAreCalling wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 am Any recommendations of good club sites? Any views / information / tips on the club and how to make the most of it would be great too! I'm hoping our membership money was well spent [-o< :D
Have stayed at a few C&CC sites since having Bongo converted this year. The club's motto is 'the friendly club' which it seems to live up to on all the sites I've visited, which is more than can be said for the other large club for campervans and other RVs. The only thing I would do differently is go for a paper-based membership as you get the site directory and a hard copy of the club magazine. Having said that, the app for electronic booking works well (assuming you're somewhere with a signal and not the wilds of Scotland/ Norfolk etc.)
Would wholeheartedly recommend Loch Ness Shores, which has a very cool converted Airstream food van, as well as Minehead and Monkton Wyld club sites in the West country. On every site pitches are spacious and wardens ensure that the legal 6m gap is maintained between units, which is more than can be said for many private sites.
I am a member of both clubs as this increases the number of sites available, particularly since CLs are not normally open to non-members.
Believe the Minehead Club Site is now closed.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Joe_anne123 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm Blackmore club site in the Malverns is great and in a lovely area to explore. I definitely go there again.
I'm staying there in a couple of weeks!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 am

Jillygumbo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:39 pm
Joe_anne123 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm Blackmore club site in the Malverns is great and in a lovely area to explore. I definitely go there again.
I'm staying there in a couple of weeks!
I was there last weekend! Got the bus from near the site to Upton upon Severn which was like stepping back in time, well worth a visit!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm exploring Worcester.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca

Return to “Campsites”