festivals

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

downward dog
Bongolier

Re: festivals

Post by downward dog » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

2 booked and paid for this year.....Linton Blues /R and B festival in June, (for me) and the Shrewsbury Folk Festival in August (for Mrs me) both 3 nighters.
Last year we went to the Rhythm festival at Biggleswade.
LoopyLoo
Bongolier

Post by LoopyLoo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm off to Kendal Calling this year, did my first festival last year with the Bongo (Wickerman) was loads better than trekking the tent/gear for miles, I used to do big festies but really gone off them now if I'm honest, don't think I'd do V Fest again even though i've done it 5 times, just too big and perhaps I'm getting too old :lol:

Never done Kendal but have fancied it for a couple of years, not had chance...scooped up tickets in their christmas 'sale'...and when the bands were announced found that my favouritist band ever (James!) are headlining the Sunday night woooot wooot!
(to say I'm excited is an understatement). Really fancied Wychwood too but I'm not back in the UK until 29th June :cry:

My bongo isn't converted so don't have to worry about fridges etc but will be taking a coolbox with tonnes of ice etc to hopefully keep me going in food and cider for the weekend :)

Anyone else going to Kendal? :)
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

crazy uncle gray g wrote:
cazzyblues wrote: oh and here http://www.star-inn.com/blues2012.htm,
Very small pub festival but good too.
Love it Cazz, take a closer look at the Gallery on the Star inn site
Blues 2009 cover shot :wink: :lol:
LOL what a great photo Graham.
See if you can find me Bentworth 2010, all alone and feeling the blues in my black polka dot wellies. Feeling the blues in a good way. :D
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm

flossie wrote:Small world Cazzy - Baz Pethers who is performing at the Bentworth Blues weekend is the chap who wanted to hire my Bongo for the event (no he isnt having it lol!)

Here is another event which he is playing at http://www.bluesonthemeadow.com/ with his main band http://www.benpooleband.com/ - and luckily its staged in the field across the road from my house =D> =D> :D

This is a great event in the meadow of a private house and extremely relaxed with camping allowed by prior arrangement some up and coming names on the bill this year.
Hi Flossie, Thanks for the links. Blues on the Meadow looks great. May try and get there this year. Missed this one, not heard of it before. :( .
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:53 pm

cazzyblues wrote: LOL what a great photo Graham.
See if you can find me Bentworth 2010, all alone and feeling the blues in my black polka dot wellies. Feeling the blues in a good way. :D
:D Nice photo Cazz ......I bet that fruit shoot bottle contained more than orange :lol:
cheers! party on dudes.
RachelTaylor

Post by RachelTaylor » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 am

I'm off to Kendal Calling this year, did my first festival last year with the Bongo (Wickerman) was loads better than trekking the tent/gear for miles, I used to do big festies but really gone off them now if I'm honest, don't think I'd do V Fest again even though i've done it 5 times, just too big and perhaps I'm getting too old

Never done Kendal but have fancied it for a couple of years, not had chance...scooped up tickets in their christmas 'sale'...and when the bands were announced found that my favouritist band ever (James!) are headlining the Sunday night woooot wooot!
(to say I'm excited is an understatement). Really fancied Wychwood too but I'm not back in the UK until 29th June

My bongo isn't converted so don't have to worry about fridges etc but will be taking a coolbox with tonnes of ice etc to hopefully keep me going in food and cider for the weekend

Anyone else going to Kendal?
I'm really jealous that you're going to Kendal this year... James are my favourite band too - they are amazing live 8) However I'm struggling to persuade any friends to go along with me, and as much as I could go on my own, festivals are really about being there and having fun with a friend...
by the time I manage to persuade anyone, they'll probably have sold out :cry:

Have a fab time - and say hello to Tim and Larry if you see them wondering about!

Rachel
LoopyLoo
Bongolier

Post by LoopyLoo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 am

oooh another fellow James fan! Yeah seen them live more times than I can remember now but if I saw them wandering I'd be far too shy lol! My bongo does have the James daisy on the roof and on the back tho so you never know they might spot it, haha
surfbus78
Bongonaut

Post by surfbus78 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:14 pm

download for me this year, hopefully my solar panel will keep my fridge going for the 4 days!!!
Wolverhampton
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 am

<waves> - We'll be at Download too. Pop in for a beer - Silver 'P' reg AFT with a big tent next to it.
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:59 am

Any one going to Wytchwood Festival?
I love cheese!
surfbus78
Bongonaut

Post by surfbus78 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:08 pm

dave_aber wrote:<waves> - We'll be at Download too. Pop in for a beer - Silver 'P' reg AFT with a big tent next to it.
<waves back> will do!! we'll be in a silver 2-tone N-reg AFT with a blue and orange tunnel awning attached. i think there are 12 of us going and we've got 3 of the campervan plots so we should have a nice little setup. we'll be next to a caravan and my mate has a mitsubishi camper.
Wolverhampton
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:32 am

:D Ok, we have studied form and gone with these 3 at the moment
Roll on the summer :P

http://blissfields.co.uk/

http://purbeckfolk.co.uk/
&
http://barnstomper.com/

Anybody wishing to meet up, just crack on, more the merrier \:D/
cheers! party on dudes.
TrickyBongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by TrickyBongo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Bearded Theory was a good 'un
Then there's Latitude, Secret Garden Party or Guilfest
Strummer of Love looks promising.
But if family entertainment is your thing, then the camper van area of Glasto cannot be beaten. Close to the kids area, clean flushable loo's and quiet enough at night to enjoy chatting around the campfires
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Thinking of Lattitude as they've not sold out yet. Keeping an eye out for cheap tickets as I managed last year to get weekend tickets for £90.00 which is half the price :)
I love cheese!
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Still stunned to find Glasto has flushing loos :roll: :roll: Still the old style stinking horrors will not be missed. Suppose even they had to bow to Public Health rules in the end. Only place I have ever had a bollocking from one of the managers for washing my hands BEFORE serving food. No drainage so use no water.

The survival of everyone was a great tribute to the strength of most people's immune systems.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion

Return to “Campsites”