The Chronicles of Imogen

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

Windswept
Bongonaut

The Chronicles of Imogen

Post by Windswept » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 am

Hello to all you lovely people who made the long trek to Stourport-on-Severn :)

My Mummy & Daddy took our Bongo (Tiki) along, & me with them. As I am only 15 months old, I get very little say in our travels, but just wait until I get them to understand the orders I have been giving them for the last three months :lol:

As usual, they left it rather late setting off from home, but this time, we did arrive with enough time for them to erect our Easycamp in daylight :P Helped by a passing couple from Coventry (Trevor & ?) they managed it in record time.

After a pleasant night's sleep in the back of Tiki, I woke the parents early on Friday morning :roll: , and while they prepared breakfast, I surveyed our surroundings. There were sooo many Bongos, & so many friendly people, I was quite bowled over!

We all needed some exercise, so off to the lovely town of Stourport-on-Severn, which boasts some bridges

And quite a bit of canal, with a thing called a 'Basin', which was a little large to use for washing :shock:

Once we had had our lunch/dinner, Daddy went for a lesson on how to look under the bonnet of Tiki.
Later, he took me on a tour of the massed Bongos. We met loads & loads of people, including:-
Ian (His Excellency, the BongoMeister =D> ),
Simon (who still claims to Wish he had a Bongo, when clearly he already has one!)
MobileCat (who has our old awning, & apparently keeps some people called Punch & Judy in it :lol: ),
RoosterUK,
Crazy Uncle G & his lovely lady, Kerry,
plus the fearless Kirsty, who seems to wrestle with dragons whenever they appear =D> !).

In the evening, I was taken to a large white tent, & treated to some interesting entertainment - traditional sing-songs & dancing of the Bongo people, I believe. During a lull in this, I put on a short show for my immediate neighbours:

Sadly, the weather had taken a turn for the worst by Saturday, but we had cleverly arranged to be chauffeured by our good friends, Pete & Sue, to a splendid place called Cadbury World :D .
Here, I was introduced to some very wooden-faced characters . . . .

And we all had some of that stuff (that Mummy tries to protect me from [-X , 'cos I might get addicted or overweight) - Chocolate!! Yummy :D

Sunday was lovely weather again. Some people complained about the breeze, but I am used to that, & Mummy & Daddy like it, because when possible they go off on tiny boats with a huge bag held in their hands, & reach amazing speeds across the water - I think they call it "Windsurfing" :lol:

Despite the fact that she was camped in front of us, we only met Lady Violet on the last morning :( , but she & Hayden (not the coolant alarm one) had a good natter with Mummy & Daddy, & promised to send me copies of the photos they took of me while I was taking a nap(!)

We packed up & Daddy drove us home on Sunday afternoon, having had a really good time in the company of fellow Bongo affliction sufferers :D .

I am looking forward to going down to Cornwall later this year to meet even more of them. In the meantime, we'll be popping around camping whenever Mummy & Daddy aren't too busy with work, & the weather is good :)

Bye-bye from Imogen x
Blue/Silver AFT, named TIKI, the Hawaiian God of fair winds & good fortune.
Plus a Quechua Base.
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: The Chronicles of Imogen

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 am

=D> =D> =D> :D
Lost without my Bongo.
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:04 am

:D Great reporting Imogen, I`m so glad you enjoyed your trip =D>
See you with your Mummy and Daddy again in Cornwall, all been well 8)
Happy Bongoing, CrAzY
cheers! party on dudes.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 am

lovely

=D> =D> =D>

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am

what a lovely write up and good photos for one so young well done =D> =D>
shall look forward to the next one after your trip to Cornwall.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:35 am

Hmmm - Competition in the travel writing department I see!!

Very well done small person.

Keep 'em coming!!!

=D> =D> =D>
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Jaime&Kirk

Post by Jaime&Kirk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi Imogen, nice to meet you on Friday night. Sorry about my mummy's singing, she had had a few drinks of dirty beer!!

Glad my daddy showed you how to juggle, he thinks he's great but we can show him a thing or too...

Hope to meet you on our travels with Babs the bongo!!

lots of Love

Baby Kaitlin

xx
Windswept
Bongonaut

Post by Windswept » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Kaitlin!
How you doin'? It was a very good evening, but my juggling needs a lot more work :?

As my Mummy's mummy & daddy live in Bolton, & we all zoom up there now & then, let's hope we can persuade the parents/Bongo drivers to meet up somewhere in the Manchester area [-o< - with a kids' play zone, of course - & discuss the merits of nappies, Bongos & such :D

Of course, we'd have to keep an eye out for that infamous 'Northern Mafia' I keep reading about :wink:

Take care, sweetie,
Imogen x

PS Thank you CrAzY, Brian & MM; one does try, doesn't one? :roll:
Blue/Silver AFT, named TIKI, the Hawaiian God of fair winds & good fortune.
Plus a Quechua Base.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 pm

I can't imagine anyone in the manchester area would want to meet up, from what I've seen of them they're a really unsociable bunch in the NW:wink: :lol: :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”