Our First Bongo Bash (minus the bongo)

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Our First Bongo Bash (minus the bongo)

Post by Bob » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 pm

[quote="missfixit70"]No, unfortunately they didn't, it was a "dealer" from the Heathrow area, they had bought a warranty with it but it seems it's not worth the paper it's written on & they have got nowhere with him :roll:

This is a complete pile of ****, and we now know who to be wary of. That said, it must be fixable, I don't know the area and dealers, but someone will. Good luck guys, we are thinking of you.
Manie

Post by Manie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:17 pm

well garage has called saying they dont know what is wrong with our bongo .I have already paid the bill . I have been on the phone to trading standards who said under the 1982 consumer act that they have failed to use reasonable skill and miss diognosed the fault and by there own admission are unable to fix fault . So we are now waiting to here from garage and are back to square 1.
Cant believe our bongo is not fixable need help!!!!!!!
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:48 pm

Manie wrote:well garage has called saying they dont know what is wrong with our bongo .I have already paid the bill . I have been on the phone to trading standards who said under the 1982 consumer act that they have failed to use reasonable skill and miss diognosed the fault and by there own admission are unable to fix fault . So we are now waiting to here from garage and are back to square 1.
Cant believe our bongo is not fixable need help!!!!!!!

As Trading Standards say garage have failed to do their job and owe you your money back.

Or at very least most of it.

Bongo should now go back to trader on basis of "Not of merchantable quality" and you should get your money back from him + damages
i.e. any extra it has cost you over and above what the garage repay.

You will need the backing of Trading Standards where his premises are on that, but existing Trading Standards can probably advise what best to do.

Keep going and you'll win.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:20 pm

definitely chase it back to the "dealer", it should never have had an mot in the first place as it didn't have a fog light fitted - apart from anything else. Wish there was more I could do or say to help guys :roll:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Good luck guys, go with Scanner's advice and stick with it. With Trading Standards on side you have a good chance of getting your money back.

Please give another Bongo a try when you do.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”