What a weekend

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

maxheadroom
Supreme Being

What a weekend

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:06 pm

Well this was our first big bash and I would like to say big thank you to mister munkey for bringing Liz & Chris. I did worry a bit about mister munkey on Sunday as he stayed in bed all day :shock: can't think why :wink:
big thanks to ever body that said hello and ever body that let me say hi, especially Saturday when Chris (mister munkey) & me after a few beers went wondering.
So hello again to Keith, Simon, Dabs, Karl, Hotpot,Mike, Muz, Dave, John, boyfrombrasil, Haydon, westonwarrior,flipper, Kirsty, god thats enough you know who you all are =D> =D> Oh and Bob who spent the Saturday night at ours playing a silly game, drinking cider and singing songs.

Big hand to you all =D> =D> =D> =D> see you all soon we hope. :D :D
Keep the Faith

bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Re: What a weekend

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Bob? Singing songs?...that's not like him! :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:11 pm

maxheadroom wrote:Well this was our first big bash and I would like to say big thank you to mister munkey for bringing Liz & Chris. I did worry a bit about mister munkey on Sunday as he stayed in bed all day :shock: can't think why :wink:
big thanks to ever body that said hello and ever body that let me say hi, especially Saturday when Chris (mister munkey) & me after a few beers went wondering.
So hello again to Keith, Simon, Dabs, Karl, Hotpot,Mike, Muz, Dave, John, boyfrombrasil, Haydon, westonwarrior,flipper, Kirsty, god thats enough you know who you all are =D> =D> Oh and Bob who spent the Saturday night at ours playing a silly game, drinking cider and singing songs.

Big hand to you all =D> =D> =D> =D> see you all soon we hope. :D :D
Go with that, just brilliant. :D
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm

Alright. Where was I then, then, then... Missed that bit... Ho Hum. May be next year....
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Back in the olden days, my Dad had a succession of Vw's, including a Westfalia Type 2.

He used to go to Beetle Bashes. They were BRILLIANT. Great trip there - be it Santa Pod or St. Tropez - Great crowd & fanatical vehicle loyalty.

That do at Stourport was akin to being thrust through a time machine back to them "Good Old Days"

You all made a difference. You all know who you are.

Thanks for being there.

Roll on 2009.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Hugs to all.

Mr. M.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm

mister munkey you are a supreme being :lol: :lol: :lol: like it or not
Keep the Faith

alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm

want a good weekend had a look all around only to fine you were behided me :wink:

(fore give spelling on the beer )
take it easy drive a bongo
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 pm

alan wrote:want a good weekend had a look all around only to fine you were behided me :wink:
:shock: :shock:
Keep the Faith

Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Good to meet you Mr Headroom & thanks for the speedo - another thing to add to the Bongo to-do list :)
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Supreme Being already!

Gosh! Not even noticed!

I'll be pruned soon no doubt though. . .

Must also give a mention to Cabte for his dedication to the cause - Simon Jones for his wonderful carrier bag full of bargain lamps - Boy from Brasil (& Mrs BFB) for commitment, Bob (obviously), Crazy Uncle Gray G (mad as a box of frogs) The NW Mafia for their relentless hard work through the week & of course the Bongomiester for getting us all there in the first place.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Simon Jones wrote:Good to meet you Mr Headroom & thanks for the speedo - another thing to add to the Bongo to-do list :)
Hi Simon,
it's a 10 min job to fit and you are welcome.
Keep the Faith

maxheadroom
Supreme Being

Post by maxheadroom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:49 pm

mister munkey wrote: I'll be pruned soon no doubt though. . .
a pruned munkey :shock: :shock: doesn't bear thinking about :lol: :lol:
Keep the Faith

Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:05 am

Great to see you maxheadroom, sorry we missed ya Bob, was up for a sing song! Mister Munkey (supreme being), Chris and Liz was good to see you, even brought the orange wkd for you, will have to save it for tan hill now ;) Thanks cabte, Justine and Matthew for some great company down the pub. Chell, Ady and the blingo squad thanks for making my weekend special, couldn't ask for better neighbours, was great getting the chance to get pinked up for the bash! Kirstie, so glad got chance to finally meet you and see your act, amazing stuff. And aren't the NW crew the best eh, you know who you all are, see you all soon I hope =D>
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:22 am

Got to agree Hotpot, great crowd, good company allround, I'm still trying to shake off the NW twang that has reappeared after donkeys years, spent far too much time with you lot. Fantastic weekend, still buzzing, don't want to go to bed, it feels like an admission that I'm home & not sat in a wet windy field in the midlands with a bunch of complete strangers drawn together over their passion for a funny looking Japanese reject camper van thing. Insane? :lol: Most definitely 8)
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 am

Kirsty, you didn't spend enough time with us all chuck ;) I know what you mean about how it all sounds crazy to non bongo peeps though, a few months back, never have dreamt that I'd be having so much fun parked up in a wet and windy field with complete strangers and meeting all these remarkable people. My first 'big bash' and I can't wait for the next one.

Well done everybody who worked so hard to make it a success =D>

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”