Fuel Crisis

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Re: Fuel Crisis

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 pm

samuel wrote:Nightmare down here. Sod all left.

Naughty me went to Texaco on Saturday. Filled up with over 50 squids worth only to be told by the attendant, when i was paying, '15 quid maximum. Didn't you see the sign?'

Nope. And you know what i didn't. I did check on the way out and there was a pencil written piece of A3 flapping in the wind. Why they couldn't put a notice on the pump i'll never know. I couldn't have been the only one. Could i?
So you said "thanks" and paid £15 for £50 worth of fuel - good one :lol: =D> =D> =D>

Mrs. D
pgray
Bongonaut

Post by pgray » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 pm

bath is hopless sold out as new arrival came all starting again friday isnt it :evil:
four candles
Vicky007

Post by Vicky007 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Westbury has been hit bad too went to fill up sharpie the bongo yesterday and tried three garages in the area one was shut because they had no petrol or diseal Tescos had a mile long queue litterally of about 20 cars and only petrol on 2 pumps but no diseal and the local garage in centre of Westbury had Petrol on about 3 pumps but a qeueue of a bout 12 cars so had to get a lift to wrk this morning as there was not enough diseal to get to wrk and back managed to fill up after work at the garage in the centre of westbury as they had had a delivery but still only diesel on 3 pumps and not much in the way of petrol really looking forward to my first bongo bash just keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to fill up again on Friday and have enought to get back Sunday or we could be staying longer!
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Theere hasn't been anything yet on the news about today's talks - are they still talking? Our plans were to leave Stourport on Sunday and have a week in Cornwall. We might just have enough fuel to get there but it doesn't sound as though we'd be able to fill up and get home again (what a shame :lol: :lol: 8) ).

Mrs. D
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:43 pm

I've just heard on the Channel 4 update the Friday strike is off.. Has anyone else heard... [-o<
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
idetika
Bongolier

Post by idetika » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Can report that there is no fuel shortage is Kidderminster, or any queues so am guessing there is no problem in Stourport 5 mins away. :D
Dago & Mrs D
Supreme Being

Post by Dago & Mrs D » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Just checked http://www.BBC.com and the fuel strike is off. No details of what the deal was (surprise, surprise :roll: ). However, they've still got to deliver to the stations so I suppose it won't revert to normal overnight. Looks like our holiday is a runner after all - hooray =D> =D>

Mrs. D
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:01 pm

looks like we wont get an extra few days stay at the Bash as the strike is off. Never mind at least we can all go feeling happier that we wont run out of fuel.
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 pm

dam means i'll have to go back to work on the monday #-o :lol: :lol:
take it easy drive a bongo

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”