Fuel Crisis

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

Lynnes Mob

Fuel Crisis

Post by Lynnes Mob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:48 pm

As the weekend draws near Roxy Bongo and all of us are becoming very concerned at the current fuel crisis

We need reassurances from the heirarchy of the Bongo Forum that adequate Contingency Plans are in place to ensure that there are not hundreds of Bongos stranded around the country

When we went to our local petrol station we were not allowed to fill up our bowser and Roxy is worried she may be running on air by the time we return and may refuse to start

What plans are in place - where will the secret fuel dumps be located so we can fill up

Who will issue the essential user fuel passes

Who is bringing the 12000 gallons of chip oil

Do Bongos run on beer

Will we have our own filling station on site

RThese are just some of our questions!

We are having to deal with restless and questioning children who have seen the news and are now worried that we may not be able to go

To avoid this and to placate the kids and Roxy of course your reassurances will be greatly appreciated

With much hope

Lynnes Mob :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Fuel Crisis

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:55 pm

There's a Lidl in Stourport (next to 2 petrol stations) - if you can't get diesel, you'll have no problem getting veg oil. :D :D :D :D :D
Fill up when you get there - the petrol stations will have had deliveries by then. There's very little problems around here - I believe the South West has been hit harder than most other regions.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
moo n' mad

Post by moo n' mad » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Lynnes Mob. We recognised Roxy Bongo. We're in your neck of the woods we reckon - same school we think . We're the blue gray AFT. 8)

When are you leaving? We are bunking off afternoon school on Friday.

You can tow us up we'll tow you back - job done, :lol:
snow_kiter
Bongolier

Post by snow_kiter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:14 pm

francophile1947 wrote:There's a Lidl in Stourport (next to 2 petrol stations) - if you can't get diesel, you'll have no problem getting veg oil. :D :D :D :D :D
No problem getting veg oil :?: :?: with 200+ bongo's in town #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm taking enough veg oil with me to get home with, but will still need to put some diesel in at Stourport, good idea to fill up on arrival. Let's hope people aren't put off from coming to the bash [-o<
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Lynnes Mob

Post by Lynnes Mob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks all!

Kids feeling better now!!

Hi Ma - Hale - yes we see you at school often - but usualy rushing in late !! #-o - we are leaving around 5 but will look you up when we get there

We will be flying the big pirate flag !!

Lynne :D
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Nightmare down here. Sod all left.

Naughty me went to Texaco on Saturday. Filled up with over 50 squids worth only to be told by the attendant, when i was paying, '15 quid maximum. Didn't you see the sign?'

Nope. And you know what i didn't. I did check on the way out and there was a pencil written piece of A3 flapping in the wind. Why they couldn't put a notice on the pump i'll never know. I couldn't have been the only one. Could i?
"Living the Dream"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Strikes over Tues am, you should be able to fill up Weds or Thurs. Stouport is only about 70 miles so only about 1/2 tank up and back - no worries.

See you there.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Probably 1 and a half tanks for us and Hotpot.. We are 4 hours away.. [-o<
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 pm

all was sold out here sunday but we got some to get us there if we cant get back well looks like we are going to have to stay longer :lol: :lol: :lol:
take it easy drive a bongo
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:14 am

snow_kiter wrote:
francophile1947 wrote:There's a Lidl in Stourport (next to 2 petrol stations) - if you can't get diesel, you'll have no problem getting veg oil. :D :D :D :D :D
No problem getting veg oil :?: :?: with 200+ bongo's in town #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I didn't say how quick you'd have to be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 am

i had a student friend who came home for the hols realised she hadn't enough money to get home then removed something essential from her car and got a lift home from the AA - please don't think i'm sugesting anything here.
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Just imagine 207 Bongos being transported off the site by the AA - I think that they might just suspect that it's not quite normal.

There again why do we pay for recovery?
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 pm

I think I should join the AA :mrgreen:
take it easy drive a bongo
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:01 pm

alan wrote:I think I should join the AA :mrgreen:
Special discount if you join at their stand at the Bash :lol: :lol: - don't tell them you want a lift home though :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”