new to bongo meets-rules etc

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

scanner
Supreme Being

Re: new to bongo meets-rules etc

Post by scanner » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:35 pm

oldjimmy wrote:
2sticks wrote:Hi oldjimmy,

We are going to the bash on Wednesday morning.

We have a folding caravan.

My wife says I am a dog.

Are you older than me, (76) ?.

See you there !!!!!.

Hi There,
I think I have given everyone the idea that We are ancient, but like yourself I am not old (just feel it) I am 66. I just assumed this type of event may be geared more to people in the 20-35 group. I am so happy you have contacted me with your age. I know for definate now that we wont be out of place. It obviously is a mixed age event
I look forward to meeting you on wednesday
The meet we had in the East a few weeks ago had all ages from 60+ down to 3 months, so yes they are mixed age events.
Dixie Duo

Post by Dixie Duo » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:31 am

2sticks wrote:We are going to the bash on Wednesday morning.
Are you older than me, (76) ?
Very close as I'm 74 Wife is 56 buts acts 16 :wink: :lol: What part of Essex are you from 2sticks? We will be setting off about 6 a.m. Wednesday, and plan a couple of pit stops en route :roll: We could start a Southern convoy :!: :!: Oldjimmy, methinks you'll have to change your name, you're just a baby :mrgreen: :P [-X
2sticks
Bongolier

Post by 2sticks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Dixie,

I'm game if you are, I have sent you a PM.

Ben.
Dabs
Supreme Being

Post by Dabs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:15 am

Hi OldJimmy
Age doesnt matter when you have a Bongo just ENJOY it,Im only 21 :^o :^o :^o :^o

See you at the Bash a warm welcome from the NW Crew awaits!! Plenty of pop will be available :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dabs
Its Oh so quiet!!..Ex Terra Lucem!!..A Leopard can't change his spots!
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 am

oldjimmy wrote:
2sticks wrote:Hi oldjimmy,

We are going to the bash on Wednesday morning.

We have a folding caravan.

My wife says I am a dog.

Are you older than me, (76) ?.

See you there !!!!!.

Hi There,
I think I have given everyone the idea that We are ancient, but like yourself I am not old (just feel it) I am 66. I just assumed this type of event may be geared more to people in the 20-35 group. I am so happy you have contacted me with your age. I know for definate now that we wont be out of place. It obviously is a mixed age event
I look forward to meeting you on wednesday
Gosh no - the people I have met sso far through bongo meets have ended to be from about late 20s to early 60s and I have only been to a few meets. Lots an lots of people find bongos as they start to have more time that isnt tied up with full time work so I would imagine that 66 would be quite some way from the top of the age group. You will be made very very welcome and will be suprised at what a good time you have.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:19 am

Dabs wrote:Hi OldJimmy
Age doesnt matter when you have a Bongo just ENJOY it,Im only 21 :^o :^o :^o :^o

See you at the Bash a warm welcome from the NW Crew awaits!! Plenty of pop will be available :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dabs
and unlimited tea and cofee =D>
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:36 am

Hi Jimmy
Your only old enough to be my big brother, but Ben (2sticks) is more like a grumpy uncle :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry Ben). Also, it's not true that his wife says he's a dog - she would do, but he's not as obedient :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
bongopat
Junior Bongonaut

Post by bongopat » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Franco,

You might see a change at Stourport, I have been taking him
to dog training lessons, BUT, he keeps running off.

Looking forward to seeing you at Stourport.

Pat.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:52 pm

bongopat wrote:Hi Franco,

You might see a change at Stourport, I have been taking him
to dog training lessons, BUT, he keeps running off.

Looking forward to seeing you at Stourport.

Pat.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: See you in a few days :D :D
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Vicky007

Post by Vicky007 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:13 pm

We are Bongo Bash Virgins too, only had bongo since the end of February so it's all new to us as well, can't wait to sleep in it again so cozy! will be taking our little doggie with us look out for the little dog that resembles a gremlin that's our's! look out for the Green Auto Free Top Bongo with silver tinted windows a Bongo drum and red directline telephone on dashboard and lots of those annoying car england flags that's so we don't get lost and can't find our bongo! feel free to come over and say hello you will be most welcome we are a friendly bunch and love to meet new people will be having our bbq going Sat night feel free to stick something on it if u wish, c u there.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:38 am

We're mid fifties and trust me these guys will give you a great welcome, the Bash will be just teriffic, join in with as much or as little as you want to.

If you can't sort the trailer electrics in time you could lash on a light board with some cable ties, £15/20 from your local accessory shop.

See you there. :D
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:57 pm

thankyou to all of you kind guys for your help and advice. I am looking forward to the experience of a Bongo bash and especially meeting all you nice folk. I have sorted out the electrics(sort of) so just got to throw in all the stuff one must take camping. See you all soon and thanks again. :D :D
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Humble apologies - I accidentally deleted the post I was replying to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: It queried what the field was like after a lot of rain - SORRY :oops: :oops: :oops:

No hard-standing on the rally field, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem (unless you park at the bottom of the hill :lol: :lol: :lol: )
John
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 pm

The only time it will rain will be Wednesday. Trust me :) . And even if it does rain, apart from one bit near the entrance, the field drains really quickly. You have nothing to worry about.

Thta's it.....this is my last post. Wish me luck.....we are Bashward Bound :D
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:55 pm

Ian wrote:The only time it will rain will be Wednesday. Trust me :) . And even if it does rain, apart from one bit near the entrance, the field drains really quickly. You have nothing to worry about.

Thta's it.....this is my last post. Wish me luck.....we are Bashward Bound :D
the very best of British luck to you and will see you Friday

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”