new to bongo meets-rules etc

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

pimpdaddyjimmy

new to bongo meets-rules etc

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi,
We are new to bongo world and meets etc,but decided to book the bongo bash after being reassured by you great guys (who solved my squeaky roof. Has'nt squeaked since!) that we would be welcome, despite being of the older generation. I am however a bit worried about rules etc at the bongo bash. We now know through reading this forum that we can not have a generater and there is no electric pitches left. Is there any rules against a trailer(10ft) folding caravan. Our bongo is not fitted with a kitchen etc yet. we also have a dog, I would really appreciate some advice as we have'nt done camping in about 40 years.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: new to bongo meets-rules etc

Post by francophile1947 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:30 pm

All you say is OK - only rule you missed is that first timers have to buy everybody a drink :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (not really, but it got you counting your pennies didn't it? :roll: )
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Dont think there is any problem with a trailer/caravan, and deffo no probs with dogs (i have three) as long as they are on a leash.
Lost without my Bongo.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 pm

As far as I am aware you can camp in anything you like - as long as you have a bongo and are a member of the club. There will definitely be caravans so dont panic.

Dogs are always welcome at meets and there are plenty that come so yours will be well looked after by the dog lovers among the crew.

I wouldnt worry about being 'older' as bongo bods are all ages. There are so many different people from different backgrounds with different interests and different bongos that you are sure to have a good time.

There are lots of people with electric hook up so if you need something kept cool/charging etc. then just ask someone - there is always someone that will offer to help. Most of us wont have hook up as it was only availble to those staying 3 days and many will just be coming for the weekend. Lots of us have leisure batteries though so these may be helpful too.

Bring yourselves, some food and drink, some bedding and warm and waterproof clothes and perhaps wellies or walking boots and you will have a great time. Dont worry about being alone and not meeting people - there is no chance of that. so glad you are coming and can't wait to meet you. Feel free to knock on.

Its a good idea to make a quick sign for your window wo we know who you are too.
wokewy

Post by wokewy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi jimmy, I am a bash virgin also so hope that someone will be along soon to put your mind at rest. I am also taking my dog to the bash so I know there are no problems there. I cant see a problem with the trailer tent having read the Bash thread for a while now. Hope to see you there and enjoy :D , cheers.

Told you someone would be along soon :lol:
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:41 pm

hi john,
thanks a lot I can sleep tonight now without worrying about sinking in mud etc, but now I have to worry about whether I can buy 3 bottles of lemonade there for the drinks ! We look forward to seeing you all.

Kindest regards Jim
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi All,
Thankyou so much, I was beginning to think I might have made a mistake booking up, but you have again assured me that we will have a good time. look forward to seeing you all and of course all these bongos and i,m sure my little dog who is quite young will like it too. Cheers!!!!!
John the sparky

Post by John the sparky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 pm

hello OldJimmy,

when are you booked in for....

we are going up on thursday moning, and back on sunday...

and I'll drive past Banbury

John
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:57 pm

I called Mr Ian and asked about the caravan and he say "yes" no problem..Look out for a Puck. Would love a nosey round the folder anyway.

Meet ya soon..
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 pm

hi John,
I believe we are going on wednesday and return whenever ready.
So we will see you thursday looking forward to it.
Can you tell me if my son came up on friday (who hasnt got a bongo) would he be allowed to stay over?
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:11 pm

ChellandAdy wrote:I called Mr Ian and asked about the caravan and he say "yes" no problem..Look out for a Puck. Would love a nosey round the folder anyway.

Meet ya soon..
thanks for calling that was very nice of you. The trailer is very old and we just got it to use with bongo, but found the tyres had to be replaced and there was no electrics when we got it home. the previous owner had cut most of the wires out, so trying to get it sorted enough to use next week,but don't know much about electrics. However you are very welcome to have a look. We are looking forward to meeting you all there
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:32 pm

John the sparky wrote:hello OldJimmy,

when are you booked in for....

we are going up on thursday moning, and back on sunday...

and I'll drive past Banbury

John
Hi John,
I just realised I have spoken to you before(still finding my way around the forum) you have a couple of children and I will look out for you waving in your red car. Pity we are going wednesday, we could have followed you up.
I will double check the dates maybe I got it wrong, but pretty sure they said wednesday. Anyway I will you there
2sticks
Bongolier

Post by 2sticks » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi oldjimmy,

We are going to the bash on Wednesday morning.

We have a folding caravan.

My wife says I am a dog.

Are you older than me, (76) ?.

See you there !!!!!.
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:10 pm

2sticks wrote:Hi oldjimmy,

We are going to the bash on Wednesday morning.

We have a folding caravan.

My wife says I am a dog.

Are you older than me, (76) ?.

See you there !!!!!.

Hi There,
I think I have given everyone the idea that We are ancient, but like yourself I am not old (just feel it) I am 66. I just assumed this type of event may be geared more to people in the 20-35 group. I am so happy you have contacted me with your age. I know for definate now that we wont be out of place. It obviously is a mixed age event
I look forward to meeting you on wednesday
pimpdaddyjimmy

Post by pimpdaddyjimmy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 pm

keefysher wrote:oldjimmy

We shouldn't really ask in these politically correct days, but; how old are you? There are as others have said, some octagenarians amongst the Bongo crowd.

No one has told you the rules, so here goes:

On friday night you have to take to the microphone in the marquee for a sing along.

Your wife may retire at whatever hour, however you sir must be the last one standing!!

You are not allowed to be sober on Saturday night.

--

As others have said if you have a coolbox that runs on 12v or 240v, you are more than welcome to plug it into our van on hook up to save your battery, or anything else you need charging. This was taken up last year during the daytime for a few people.

Enjoy the bash, you won't find a friendlier group of strangers anywhere.
Hi,
I have just had a message from another over 60 gent and I obviously had the event wrong. I was(or my wife was) worried that it was more a youngster event. So not to worry about age Eh!
Thank you so much for your offer of help with charging etc.
As to your lovely rules I'm afraid I will not qualify for the drink part as I am very restricted due to medical condition, but my wife can drink for both of us ++if thats OK!
We look forward to meeting you

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”