Young children to play with on Saturday

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

mobilecat
Supreme Being

Young children to play with on Saturday

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:41 pm

Are any of you with young children going to be on site on Saturday for playing - football, hoops, playpark etc. whatever we have?
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Re: Young children to play with on Saturday

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Me - look after kids? - I can barely look after my own child!!

Just checking out how many littlies we will have to play with mini mc. So far he has tended to come to bashes without younguns and we have not taken him when the littlies have been there. Hopefuly we will see little legsss and perhaps so more littlies that we know too.
hogggman
Supreme Being

Post by hogggman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:23 pm

hi,
we have boy of 3,nearly 4,girl of 10 and another boy of 13.
that any good?
jamie
roosteruk

Post by roosteruk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:52 pm

mobilecat wrote:Me - look after kids? - I can barely look after my own child!!

Just checking out how many littlies we will have to play with mini mc. So far he has tended to come to bashes without younguns and we have not taken him when the littlies have been there. Hopefuly we will see little legsss and perhaps so more littlies that we know too.
As long as you are not going to hold his hand Cat, he will be fine.
I think the Pirate ship is a good clue that there will be lots of children there.
Of course, sit and watch him, but let him off a little and let him make friends.
There will be lots of Bongoliers around.
Maybe put a note in his pocket, name, mobile number, your name, etc in case he drifts off and ends up in someone elses tent, Bongo, whatever, like I used to do when I was young, my Mam and Dad used to go spare, then I would pop up, happy as Larry without a care in the world.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:20 pm

hogggman wrote:hi,
we have boy of 3,nearly 4,girl of 10 and another boy of 13.
that any good?
jamie
Sounds lovely - we have one of 5 - looking forward to seeing you all there.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 pm

roosteruk wrote:
mobilecat wrote:Me - look after kids? - I can barely look after my own child!!

As long as you are not going to hold his hand Cat, he will be fine.
I think the Pirate ship is a good clue that there will be lots of children there.
Of course, sit and watch him, but let him off a little and let him make friends.
There will be lots of Bongoliers around.
Maybe put a note in his pocket, name, mobile number, your name, etc in case he drifts off and ends up in someone elses tent, Bongo, whatever, like I used to do when I was young, my Mam and Dad used to go spare, then I would pop up, happy as Larry without a care in the world.
I think you may have got the wrong impression about my parenting :lol:

I am one of the least over protective parents that I know but my son does have a medical condition which would have meant it was unfair to expect a parent that didn't know him to be supervising him on the pirate ship. Although outwardly he looks the same as the other children he has 'hidden' problems that do need watching by someone that knows him. Pirate Mark will be in charge on the pirate ship though - he is a much better mother than me :roll:

As for holding his hand- nothing could be further from the truth. I hardly even saw him at York this weekend. 'Labelling him' is a great idea though with so may people around that dont know him if he gets lost - and so many similar bongos. I know there are going to be plenty of children there at the weekend but I was just being friendly and putting out the feelers for people who thought their children may be looking for young ones to play with - perhaps people who had not been to meets before etc. After all - the adults have done loads of 'come and chat to me' type threads.

Hope to meet lots of new people next weekend and also lots of people we already know. If you do have young kids who want to play then please come and meet us, espeically if they dont know anyone or dont come with ready made playmates.

See you all there.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:41 pm

keefysher wrote:One of the most endearing memories of Amelia so far was at Brokerwood earlier this year (March '08). Kerry (crazy uncle G's better half) hadn't seen Amelia since she was at the Southern Softies in April 2007. In the time Amelia had learned to walk and talk. Anyway, the Dago's, Kerry and Gray were walking through the assembled Bongos, when upon seeing me Kerry asked 'where is Amelia?'. A few seconds later, a little voice was heard to say 'Hi Ya here'. It was Amelia emerging from behind our van some 30 yards away.

At each meet Amelia becomes more confident and has established recognition with lots of Bongo folk, who all take her to their hearts. That is one great thing about the Bongo community.

We can rest assured that at a Bongo meet, Amelia is safe and looked after by all who know her. Even if she is annoying their dogs!!

So MC your mini MC will be well attended to at the Big Bash next week.
Oh I have no fear there at all - he already knows everyone by their forum names. He has been going on about the 'bongoontours' all week and it has taken me until today to realise he means Muz, Mrs Muz, Muz Junior and Muzette - because of their Tshirts!! (Bongo on tour)
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Yup little legs will be there, maybe not with ribbons in her hair... :lol:

Plus middle legs and longer than mine now legs [-o<

We will be arriving on Saturday... See yah there... :lol:
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 pm

[quote="ChellandAdy"]Yup little legs will be there, maybe not with ribbons in her hair... :lol:

Plus middle legs and longer than mine now legs [-o<

We will be arriving on Saturday... See yah there... :lol:[/quote

Excellent - I cant wait to see you all again. It seems like ages. Even middle legs is probably longer than mine now legs anyway so I have no hope with long legs :). We are coming down Friday night so make sure you come and say hi when you arrive. If the legs want to play while you set up thats cool.
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Roosters Idea of the note in the pocket is great.

Got me thinking to laminate some ickle badges with "Reg no and I belong too Blingo" on. WOuld bring the laminator, bu no hook up..
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
John the sparky

Post by John the sparky » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 pm

yeah.... we'll be there with kids,

Ella aged 6, Thomas aged 2 and me.... 35 :roll: :lol:

John
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:05 pm

ChellandAdy wrote:Roosters Idea of the note in the pocket is great.

Got me thinking to laminate some ickle badges with "Reg no and I belong too Blingo" on. WOuld bring the laminator, bu no hook up..
I was thinking along the same lines - laminted card etc. I killed my lamnitor a few weeks ago though so i may have to be creative.
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Just me and Ellie coming to the Bash this year. Some of you may know Ellie, are oldest, at nearly 5. Before last years meet she stood up infront of the whole class, and said, "This weekend we're going to a Bongo Bash." Lots of confused faces :wink:
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18 am

I will be there with my children aged 13 15 and 42

don't tell the boss I let her age out [-X
WISHIHADABONGO

Post by WISHIHADABONGO » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 am

mobilecat wrote:Are any of you with young children going to be on site on Saturday for playing - football, hoops, playpark etc. whatever we have?
My family will be there =D>

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”