see you on friday evening

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

andyb36
Tribal Elder

see you on friday evening

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:03 am

8) :lol: ... hey hey ,,,well, hopefully this morning i will be all booked up for the bongo bash in june....its took me this long because of work commitments...bought my awning to find missing clamps and figure of 8,s....then the shop tells me none till next weekend....good job i checked. can anyone give me any info on helpfull hints???? do i have to bring extra chicken for the curry for everyone .lol any helpful hints would be gratefull.....we shall be doing the friday and saturday, but wont be able to get there until about 5-6 pm on the friday evening..
hopefully the sun will be beaming, bbq,s roaring and lots of friendly waves as we pull in . well i will confirm later if i got in....laters andy :P
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: see you on friday evening

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 am

Cripes - it'll be my first time too (haven't got around to booking yet either). It's such a big event I would imagine that - unless you have a group you are meeting - it's a 100% bring stuff you and only you, almost as if you were camping on your own. Have you booked with hook-up, or are those all long gone (I'm not going to bother with hookup esp. at that time of year).Double check about BBQs. I think they are OK but you'd be stuffed if you depended on it, arrived, and got told you can't use them. 8)
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:28 am

:shock: well, i hope its not stuff you, and your on your own, who cares anyway, i look at all trips away as a challenge and good break away from it all. im sure everyone will be friendly. ive not really looked at the bbq stuff etc, whats allowed and whats not.me and the bro in law will be bringing the communal wok and cook and hot curry to compliment the gallons of stella lol. :lol: if you feel alone, feel free to come and chat with us no problem.....if you can find us. :roll: mines a met pearl green colour ..and will have a black awning.....thatll count for at least a dozen of us lol..youll prob notice us,, we will be the ones drinking stella and looking at the awning as if its gonna put itself up...
John the sparky

Post by John the sparky » Tue May 27, 2008 9:31 am

Andy and Mike you are both on the rota for washing up for friday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah I am just going to camp on my own.... I may get very cross if I get disturbed :lol:

I think everyone turns up as if on a normal campsite (possibly with the exception of the mafia :shock: )... and then wander around to chat, and to steal your curry Andy, yum! :lol: to tea, and then when night falls....drink beer, (or wine or fruit based drink for the ladies) and sacrifice beefburgers and sausages :lol:

We took the kids last year to eastern counties do, but it was our first trip, and we ended up going to bed at the same time as the kids :roll: but with an awning now, and the weather will be better and days longer.... hopefully we'll stay up past 8 :oops: :lol:

I'll look out for you Andy, what car do you drive :roll: :lol: :lol:

(I'm a bongo bash virgin too, so all of this could be wrong :oops: )

not long now

John
John the sparky

Post by John the sparky » Tue May 27, 2008 9:37 am

Andy, just read your awning post,

I went to a beetle rally years back and crashed on the way, everything in boot which was all smashed in :oops: :roll:

then everything else went wrong, snapped clutch cable, broke the carb, ran out of petrol :roll:

turned up at about 11pm, and all the food stands had shut, just about to cry.....

some lads turned up and started beating my bonnet.... the bloke next to me asked if I knew how to pitch tents, so helped put his awning up, which he paid me for in curry :lol:

in the end it was a brilliant weekend...... and I put a clutch cable on, changed the carb etc etc.... and broke down about 10 miles out of the campsite #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

John
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 27, 2008 10:18 am

well just tried to book but bongo fury office closed until 1 pm, due to another bash in scotland,so gotta wait till then....
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:11 pm

:lol: :lol: =D> well im all booked in, fri+sat night....cant wait...just looked at the breakfast club band thats on the sat night,,,80,s relived...right up my alley....shame that theres no blonde flick left,,,, :P duran duran fan,,, i think its melted away from all the hydrogen peroxide i used on it in the eighties... :shock: all we need is that little sweet sun to come out and give us a nice warm weekend..... 8) anyway see you all there,,, dont be shy come and introduce yourselves, andy
Dixie Duo

Post by Dixie Duo » Tue May 27, 2008 4:54 pm

:idea: Top Tip for a new awning (courtesy of John/Francophile 1947). Figure 8's can be very stiff when you first use them. Get some Lithium or Silicon spray lubricant from your local Auto shop or Halford's, and spray the channel runners on the van. It also helps the door runners slide more smoothly. :arrow: Best fit for the Bongo is 2+ a bit fig. 8 pieces. You may want to experiment to get the best closure for the sides of your awning tunnel (less fig.8 means more slack to reach the ground) depending on which awning you have. Happy camping :D See you at the Bash :P

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”