The Pirate Ship

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: The Pirate Ship

Post by francophile1947 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:22 pm

I have no young kids and certainly don't wish to go on a boat with 50 of them :lol: :lol: but, as there is a limit of 60 (50 + 10) passengers, it might be necessary to limit it to one parent per family, or there may be no room for all the kids.
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

francophile1947 wrote:I have no young kids and certainly don't wish to go on a boat with 50 of them :lol: :lol: but, as there is a limit of 60 (50 + 10) passengers, it might be necessary to limit it to one parent per family, or there may be no room for all the kids.
Makes sense - I cant imagine many people wanting to pay for 2 adults and we dont want to stop the kids going :o
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon May 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Ha-ha, me hearties, Mrs Muz has volunteered to help, I assume on the basis that Muzette goes :roll:

She has CRB checks, is a first-aider and, in the unlikely event of a 'man overboard' incident, is a qualified life-saver :wink:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon May 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Thanks also to Cathryn Palmer. That means we have Dave & Ann, Mrs Muz & Cathryn. Anyone else?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
roosteruk

Post by roosteruk » Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Ian wrote:Thanks also to Cathryn Palmer. That means we have Dave & Ann, Mrs Muz & Cathryn. Anyone else?
Mrs Rooster - Caz - , is willing to help also.
CRB checked even if it does not carry to other areas'.

Karl
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I have checked with Phil at the riverboat company, and the ship and crew are fully accredited through the Maritime Coastal Agency, and the skipper has been police checked (former boys brigade leader).

Also, I now have enough CRB registered volunteers; thanks for all your help.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sat May 31, 2008 11:01 am

Here are the final arrangements for this. The ship will arrive at 10am at the campsite jetty and take the kids down river for a Treasure Hunt, returning to Lickhill at approximately 1pm. The Skylark 2, under the stewardship of Captain Jo Pigeon (club member Phil Evans) has a full complement of crew, augmented by our own registered supervisors. Kids (minimum age 4, maximum age 13) are encouraged to dress up as pirates. There are only 50 places available on board, and although parents may accompany their children, remember that for every non-supervising adult on board, it means one less child can go on the Treasure Hunt! Tickets must be bought in advance, either by telephone (£10.50) on Thursday 12 June from 9.30am on 0114-2376627 or, if there are any left, at the Bongo Shop on site (£12.00) from 10am on Thursday 19th.
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:40 am

Hi Ian....as always the Bongo police are available to help out....there may be some arrests during the trip for unruly behaviour...but that will probably be the adults.. :lol: .....I hope it all goes ahead as I know how much effort you put into organising the bash.....Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!
idetika
Bongolier

Post by idetika » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Calling all you 'mad' volunteer helpers for the pirate ship.........have you got your pirate costumes ready or am I going to be the ony one! :roll:
Kate :lol:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Won't be on ship, so no costume - might manage some rum though :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
idetika
Bongolier

Post by idetika » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:02 pm

francophile1947 wrote:Won't be on ship, so no costume - might manage some rum though :lol: :lol: :lol:
Will probably need that when we return!! :roll:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

There are still tickets available, and they can be bought from the rally shop from 9.30am on Thursday.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:40 pm

So what's the feedback on this? I dressed up as Johnny Depp, waved everybody off to their doom, then returned to the shop to find it had blown down! So I couldn't meet the pirates on their return.

Did the kids enjoy it?
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Ian wrote:So what's the feedback on this? I dressed up as Johnny Depp, waved everybody off to their doom, then returned to the shop to find it had blown down! So I couldn't meet the pirates on their return.

Did the kids enjoy it?
They definitely enjoyed it but I think some where a little confused as to why the boat they went on the day before suddently became a pirate boat. We managed to convince mini mc that the Pirate Captain had just been pretending to be a ordinary Captain the day before :roll: He was a little dissapointed that they didn't look for/find any treasure and still keeps asking about it.

They did look great though.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:55 pm

Hello, it's Mrs Muz here. I don't have my own login as Muz won't let me! Apart from the fact that the ship came back 45mins earlier than advertised and there was no treasure hunt (which Muzette was most disgusted about - even though the funfair was substituted), most of the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves, possibly if the trip had been as long as advertised it wouldn't have been as enjoyable for some of the older ones. All I can say is, it was a pleasure to be out with so many well behaved kids.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”