Strangetown Not Coming To The Bash

It's at Stourport on Severn 18 to 23 June. Arrange to meet up, ask questions, post photos.......

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

Strangetown Not Coming To The Bash

Post by Ian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:31 pm

We were saddened to receive this communique from the lead singer of Strangetown tonight:

Bad news im afraid. Unfortunately all is not well in the Strangetown camp and after much thought we've decided to call it a day as a band.

Its been on the cards for a while and things have come to a head this week, I'm having to cancel our obligations as of now. Its all a bit shit really.

Im really sorry but hope that letting you know may give you enough time to find another band. we were really looking forward to it and me and the mrs were even contemplating stayin on the saturday night.

Thanks for all your support last year, one of our finest hours as a band was at the bongo bash in fact the bongo bash was the best experience I've ever had as performer, everyone there made us feel really welcome.

Again apologies and thanks.

Hope everything goes well and the weather is good for you all.

best

James
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Over to Mike then :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Yeah,get MikeOnB4C booked and give him a big bung to perfom with
Daymo

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 am

Me and Daymo are just an unplugged acoustic duo and most of our stuff is downtempo. You really need an uptempo band for this. They are out there aplenty and would die for a gig like this I reckon. But If you can't get a suitable band, I daresay the Big Man and me could put on something. Your call guys and gals. I'll try and post a downloadable list of the kind of songs we do if it would help. Let me know 8)
kit

Re: Strangetown Not Coming To The Bash

Post by kit » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:05 am

Ian wrote:We were saddened to receive this communique from the lead singer of Strangetown tonight:

Bad news im afraid. Unfortunately all is not well in the Strangetown camp and after much thought we've decided to call it a day as a band.

Its been on the cards for a while and things have come to a head this week, I'm having to cancel our obligations as of now. Its all a bit shit really.

Im really sorry but hope that letting you know may give you enough time to find another band. we were really looking forward to it and me and the mrs were even contemplating stayin on the saturday night.

Thanks for all your support last year, one of our finest hours as a band was at the bongo bash in fact the bongo bash was the best experience I've ever had as performer, everyone there made us feel really welcome.

Again apologies and thanks.

Hope everything goes well and the weather is good for you all.

best

James
S**T
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:42 am

I could... I'll get my coat.

Seriosly I have written one Bongo song, which Mike has, another 2 which we did at Brokerswood (the raining one and Is this the way to..). could certainly work with Mike on some more.

I can heartily rocomend the Somerset Paddies, Billy and Roger, Roger has a Bongo.
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:03 am

Sorry Bob, didn't mean to leave you out :oops: :wink: Is the Bash ready for the panda song :-k
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:05 am

Don't HAVE to do that one. :D :D :D

The real expert is Dr Busker

http://www.doctorbusker.com/welcome.php
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:15 pm

What a bummer!!! - they were really good.
I agree with Mike that we really need something up-tempo for the Bash.
Can the singer from Strangetown recommend anybody?
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm

I know of an ex Beatle who might need a bit if a financial top up after a recent and expensive divorce. Might be glad of a gig or two.

If there are any memebrs in the Mull of Kintyre region of Scotland can they give him knock and see if he is free for the Bash?
"Living the Dream"
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 pm

samuel wrote:I know of an ex Beatle who might need a bit if a financial top up after a recent and expensive divorce. Might be glad of a gig or two.

If there are any memebrs in the Mull of Kintyre region of Scotland can they give him knock and see if he is free for the Bash?
No thanks - at least Strangetown could sing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 pm

Just watched the Dr Busker clips.....excellent.

Thats what you want at the Bash,something to get your toes tapping,hands
clapping and to sing along to!! (and i could get tips from the Bodhran player as well)

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Lost count of the times we have seen Dr Busker, he is brilliant, and the 'Panda Song' is one of his.

He did 9 (yes nine) hours at a pub gig, in Dorset, last year and the only couple of songs he repeated were requests from people who hadn't heard one they liked before.

Not always 'Family Friendly' though. We could specify a Watershed.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 pm

I know what you mean Bob,but i suppose its no worse than being in a bar
in Spain,or at a Karaoke bar over here when someone sings "Alice,Alice,who the f*** is Alice :shock:

Bring Him on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Any band I book MUST have a drummer. It's the rule.

Who fancies this lot?

http://www.myspace.com/thebreakfastclubband
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2008”