Sam's chickens

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

samuel
Bongolier

Sam's chickens

Post by samuel » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:12 pm

We are presently helping our son Sam who is 13 years old prepare the garden for a chicken coop and run as he wants to sell eggs. He's already selling horse manure which he collects from the stable where his sister keeps her horses.

He wants to make money but the local paper round has been taken and there isn't much else around!

So tonight we discussed the topic of do we name them or not. Yes we'll name them he says with which he came out with a long list of 'male' names.

Don't you just love them.
"Living the Dream"
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: Sam's chickens

Post by mikeWalsall » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:40 pm

I love 'kids' who get off there butts and try to get the best out of life .. not waiting for mummy/ daddy to to get the cash out ..!!

One of my grandkids is a Queens scout .. when he was 16 he wanted to go back packing in Peru with some of his troop .. my daughter / husband said we will help ..BUT .. you have to help yourself as well ..

So he got a job as a tour guide down the coal mine at Beamish Museum .. and a grave digger at the local church ..

He did the Peru trek .. worked in China for 12 months .. Went to Australia (on his own) to visit some cousins ...

Now at 19 he is now in London training to train youngsters in survival .. abseiling .. kayaking .. rock climbing etc:..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Agreed, great to hear of youngsters getting on with things, you just know they'll do well. =D>
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:51 am

Completely agreed. Still fighting with my 17 year old (who I don't live with) to get off his back side. There are limited opportunities in his rural area but not none! However his mum has counteracted me encouraging him to help family or wash cars, paint fences, you know the type of thing - by handing everything to him on a plate, including the latest one, driving lessons! By not saving a penny towards lessons, car or insurance, he kissed goodbye to me helping him but of course I now look like the bad guy! Still I am hoping one day he will see what I was trying to do!

My daughter on the other hand has seen what he has done and what he has missed out on from me and is working her little socks off!

Anyway, I seem to have confused this forum with mums.net!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Good luck to him! I love to see young enterprise and the learning curve for him will be immense.

I knew this young man once at work Derrick. He never had a pot to you know what in and his cup was always half empty. hated his job.

Well he got an idea, packed in his job and went for it.

See link below

http://www.bolinwebb.com/

Unbelievable success but true and I am still in contact with him. Many people get an idea and just sit on it for years, some however actually take the plunge and succeed.
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:36 pm

^^^^^^
Respect to him
But £40 for a handle
I'm in the wrong job
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Gasy wrote:^^^^^^
Respect to him
But £40 for a handle
I'm in the wrong job

That's what's brilliant about it and a bit of a P,ss take, he invented a posh handle for a Mach 3 disposable razor and makes a fortune from it when the one in the pack is perfectly adequate!

They say the simplest ideas are the best 8)
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 pm

ELZE wrote:
Gasy wrote:^^^^^^
Respect to him
But £40 for a handle
I'm in the wrong job

That's what's brilliant about it and a bit of a P,ss take, he invented a posh handle for a Mach 3 disposable razor and makes a fortune from it when the one in the pack is perfectly adequate!

They say the simplest ideas are the best 8)[/quote

The old more money than sense saying coming true again,good luck to him.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:30 am

I like that he still keeps in touch and had not forgotten his roots 8) even after marrying his scandanavian wife and moved there.
samuel
Bongolier

Post by samuel » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Some lovely stories. The Queens Scout and Derrick just show what can be achieved. Best of luck to anyone who can make their dreams come true like this. Wonderful.
"Living the Dream"
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 pm

samuel wrote:Some lovely stories. The Queens Scout and Derrick just show what can be achieved. Best of luck to anyone who can make their dreams come true like this. Wonderful.

My sentiments exactly!

Return to “Bongo Furry!”