My 1st Post: Free Television Equipment

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

Telekom
Junior Bongonaut

My 1st Post: Free Television Equipment

Post by Telekom » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi everyone
My name is Mark, I live in Glasgow, and I recently got a 96 diesel AFT Bongo! It’s great, and the day after I got I took it for a week around Skye and the northwest of Scotland. Brilliant.

There were TV fittings in my van which I removed - if anybody wants them please reply below and you can have them for the price of postage and packing! What is included?

Vision Plus Compact 260 Digital TV Antenna
Vision Plus Digital TV Amplifier VP2
Steel mounting bracket and hanging fixture, looks like it is made for a small flatscreen
Sucker mount for antenna
Some sort of co-ax socket on a plastic stand-mount
Cables to connect the amp and antenna to TV
Various bolts and fixings
Instruction manual

I don’t know anything about TV fittings, so if you are in any doubt about to how to use this equipment, I am sure a helpful person here will assist - but I know zilch! 😬

Even if you don’t want it for your Bongo you could use it in a shed or caravan or whatever. Free to a good home!
All the best
Mark
Telekom
Junior Bongonaut

Re: My 1st Post: Free Television Equipment

Post by Telekom » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Oh, and I forgot to say - if you are near Glasgow you can pick up this equipment, no postage required.
Mark
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:10 am

Very generous of you Mark =D> . If you don't find another Bongo owner that can use it put it on ebay, somebody will buy it and you can spend the money on your Bongo......... on diesel probably :roll:
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.
Telekom
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Telekom » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:39 am

😀
Free to a good home, or even a bad home! Tessie, I will be selling a kidney soon to get diesel for my next Bongo trip. 😀
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:23 am

Welcome aboard. 8)

Kind to offer some goodies, too. :)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Welcome aboard. I have a 95 diesel and it does WhatICanAfford MPG,which, over the 14 years i've had the Bongo, i've gotten quite used to. The mpg has been outstanding since March 2020 and the tyre treads seem to last forever too :( :lol:
Wullie1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Wullie1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Telekom wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm Oh, and I forgot to say - if you are near Glasgow you can pick up this equipment, no postage required.
Mark
Hi Mark,do you still have tv stuff,I live in Glasgow and want to add a tv to my bingo, had it about 8 weeks and not been able to get out in it as yet apart from a wee day run to balloch,,Cheers Wullie.
Telekom
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Telekom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Hi Wullie
I’m sorry, I waited for a while to see if anyone was interested, then gave the TV gear to a charity shop! Put a picture of the Test Card Girl in a picture frame and turn on Radio Three - just like having a TV in the 1970s. 😀

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”