URGENT - EGR pipe needed!

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

hello_sailor87
Apprentice Bongonaut

URGENT - EGR pipe needed!

Post by hello_sailor87 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:22 am

Hi all,

We’ve just bought our first Bongo (yay!) to go on our once-in-a-lifetime trip, were supposed to leave tomorrow but the service revealed a whoooole host of issues!...all of which are getting sorted EXCEPT for replacing the EGR pipe - they would have to order it from Japan, which would take weeks and essentially cancel our road trip for which we’ve both quit our jobs!...

Does ANYONE have an EGR pipe lying around for a 2L petrol?? Perhaps leftover from blanking? (Garage aren’t willing to do that, the current pipe isn’t repairable, and van is not drivable in the meantime).

I’ve tried everywhere!!...😩

Please can someone help??

Thanks,
Alex

PS: ours is a 2002 Aero City Runner, and I think the part number is 20-310
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: URGENT - EGR pipe needed!

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:28 am

Bongo Spares are very good for used parts. :wink:
hello_sailor87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by hello_sailor87 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks Bob! I have spoken to them and they’ve been really helpful - offered to take one off an existing engine they have, but they have to check the condition first and sounds like it would be a bit of a burden for them, so I wanted to check here a) in case they can’t do it and b) so they don’t have to go through taking it apart and ordering one for themselves from Japan!
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Are you telling me your cancelling your trip over an EGR pipe !?
Pled with the garage to blank it off , you can sign something to say you understand the " consequences "
F they still don't bring it to someone reasonable who will ,all that is required is a blanking plate at the exhaust side and one at the inlet manifold end .
In the extreme case both the exhaust and inlet sides of the piping could be taken off, beaten flat to seal, and then refitted .
Beat of luck with it and have a great trip
Brian
hello_sailor87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by hello_sailor87 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply! 😊
I know, it’s really frustrating since blanking would’ve been such a simple solution!! It was something to do with them being an MOT test centre?...
Anyway, Bongo Spares pulled through and the part is now with the garage - HALLELUJAH!!!
So a week behind schedule and sat here twiddling our thumbs whilst the works are carried out, but all in all could be worse and can’t WAIT to get going!! 😊
Thanks for your help,
Alex
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:21 pm

Hello Alex
Great to hear you are getting it sorted , what would we do without bongo spares :mrgreen:
I can Empathise with you re. being a week late as we are on the ferry now going to France from Ireland ......and we are a week later than planned thanks to getting a dog late and having to wait for rabies injections etc to kick in , looooooooong story but all good now :)
Hope you have a great trip
ENJOY
Brian
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:20 pm

Enjoy your travels guys.

Glad everything is sorted. 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 am

Hope your injections don't clash with your sea sick tablets mate. Or have I read it wrong.,🤗.
Have a good trip, I'm not jealous.🗼.
hello_sailor87
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by hello_sailor87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Aaaah the joys of travelling with pets...I used to be a check-in girl for Brittany ferries, saw a few holidays ruined by pets not having those jabs!
Glad your holiday is underway too though :) and yes, thank fook for Bongo spares! 😂
Enjoy your trip!

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”