Storage cupboard

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

Wullie1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Storage cupboard

Post by Wullie1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Would appreciate if you could email them roy,
My email is
[email protected]

Many thanks Wullie
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi Wullie
I have emailed you some photos, should you like some further information please feel free to ask.
Wullie1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Wullie1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:24 am

Got your email, Thanks, cabinets look great, do you have any templates for the top ones as I would like to have a go at making a long one for my bongo for storage and to put some switches for lights like you have done,

Many thanks
Wullie
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Sorry no, I used cardboard to map out the contours for the end pieces. As for the size of the openings, that was determined on what was the largest items I wanted to fit in them.
I bought the latches off ebay, cheap but are performing well, although I had to make up some 3mm packing plate to get them to fit as required (designed for 15mm) the door hinges came from B&Q, they were for 15mm so had to be filed down a little. That was my main issue really, most equipment is designed for 15mm, I wanted 12mm for the reduction in weight.
The 90 degree aluminium bar used to fix it to the roof/floor was again bought from B&Q, 30mm width by 1000mm length if I recall. The felt used to cover it was from ebay, simply grey self adhesive felt. Cover any metal as otherwise you will find condensation will build up on it.
The rubber edging was specifically for 12mm ply and was also sourced on ebay, over order, I used 30 meters on my project, (overhead and tailgate storage unit).
If you are using ply, make sure you either paint it or wax the finished article as otherwise it will absorb moisture and potentially warp.
LED lighting was a self adhesive strip with a defuser fitted over them, remember to incorporate a fuse from the supply to the LED strip.
I joined all my panel together using fixing blocks within the cupboards so as to avoid having any screws on show.
I think that's all, if you need any more help, happy to oblige.
Wullie1
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Wullie1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:35 pm

Much appreciated Roy, as soon as weather changes I will have a go with cardboard like you have done, I bought a 5 button fused rocker switch but think it’s going to be too big lol unless I try to do a full length top cupboard as it won’t fit on back pod which I have,my first thing to do is find someone in Glasgow to fit a diesel heater then I will fit solar panel so I’m ready for off rd adventures,

Many thanks
Wullie.

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”