Wanted please - tailgate curtains & curtain rail

Looking for hard to find bull-bars etc? Or have something to give away for free? This is the place for you! NO TRADE! NB You can stipulate postage costs when giving away items, but no selling! Items for sale go in 'Small Ads' on here, or 'For Sale' on http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

Markas
Bongolier

Wanted please - tailgate curtains & curtain rail

Post by Markas » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am

Hi all,
Have seen a couple on ebay but not sure if "the price is right". So if you have an original Mazda curtain set and the rails I'd be interested as I'm fed up with my silver screen falling off in the night (or having to prop it in place with books/ coffee machine/ laptop etc...)
It would probably need posting as I live up the a**e end of beyond!
Mark
1999 Bongo 2.0L, Northstar Outback rear conversion
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: Wanted please - tailgate curtains & curtain rail

Post by TheLongRoad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am

I’ve recently fitted a cab curtain from Van X. It is a universal fit for Campervans so you need to cut the rail and maybe alter curtain length to suit your application. Seems good quality (time will tell). Might be worth considering for the rear.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm

TheLongRoad wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am I’ve recently fitted a cab curtain from Van X. It is a universal fit for Campervans so you need to cut the rail and maybe alter curtain length to suit your application. Seems good quality (time will tell). Might be worth considering for the rear.
Thanks for the heads-up! I've seen the Van X curtains before, it's just my OCD kicking in that I want the curtain and blind fabric to match!!
Mark
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Worth asking Bongo Spares. :wink:
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Markas wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:54 pm
TheLongRoad wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 am I’ve recently fitted a cab curtain from Van X. It is a universal fit for Campervans so you need to cut the rail and maybe alter curtain length to suit your application. Seems good quality (time will tell). Might be worth considering for the rear.
Thanks for the heads-up! I've seen the Van X curtains before, it's just my OCD kicking in that I want the curtain and blind fabric to match!!
I think they have a few colour choices..... :D
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 am

Do you have the decent silver screens, with the clear suction pads rather than the hard black one's? It may be worth changing the pads to the soft and larger clear type. I bought a set from eBay and they are really good and the thermal effect keeping heat in works well too. I have the OE curtains but find they do not block the light enough to sleep at night nor the electric blinds for that matter.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
Markas
Bongolier

Post by Markas » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Flanners wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 am Do you have the decent silver screens, with the clear suction pads rather than the hard black one's? It may be worth changing the pads to the soft and larger clear type. I bought a set from eBay and they are really good and the thermal effect keeping heat in works well too. I have the OE curtains but find they do not block the light enough to sleep at night nor the electric blinds for that matter.
Thanks for the thought Flanners, I have changed the suction cups once to clear ones but they seem very little better. I've resorted to putting 2 small bits of duct tape on the lower edge of the rear screen every night!
I'm a very heavy sleeper and actually prefer 'filtered' moonlight through the side blinds to total blackout. If I'm on a secluded pitch I just don't bother to put the rear screen up at all!
Mark
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:15 pm

This won't help your colour match but may help with suction - leave the suction cups in boiling water for 1 minute. I know several people who've tried this and it's helped.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Prices being asked for the OE rear curtains on eBay are a joke.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:55 am

My grey curtains became striped with the bleaching effect of the Sun. I tried dyeing them but that did not work, so, after buying new material to make new ones, I saw some fabric paint in woodland and tried that. It worked but I did not have enough so I returned to buy some more of the aerosol but there was non left, they had black poster paint so I bought some of that and painted the faded curtains. When dry they were the right colour and felt like New denim jeans - stuffing but looked better and keep out the light better.
Just mentioning this if it helps anybody with curtain issues.
Yours Ian G.
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:57 am

Not woodland poundland bloody spell watsitsname!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:46 am

Won't ask about 'aerosol' then. :lol:

Return to “Stuff Wanted/ Free Stuff/Swaps”