MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Moderator: westonwarrior

Tony Hunt

MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Tony Hunt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 am

Anybody used MJ Green Autos from Broadstone for servicing, repairs etc. I understand he's a mobile mechanic that will come to your home and carry out Bongo work. I'm tempted to use Allans at Plymouth, mainly because of all the good reports I read on this forum but obviously its quite a way to go and if I can find somebody locally with a good name that would save time and money.
dvisor
Supreme Being
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by dvisor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 am

Tony Hunt wrote:Anybody used MJ Green Autos from Broadstone for servicing, repairs etc. I understand he's a mobile mechanic that will come to your home and carry out Bongo work. I'm tempted to use Allens at Plymouth, mainly because of all the good reports I read on this forum but obviously its quite a way to go and if I can find somebody locally with a good name that would save time and money.
Another alternative, Bell Hill Garage at Norton Saint Philip, Bath is around 50 miles from you, and a nice drive up. Then get the bus into Bath for the day while they work on the vehicle.
Two tonne tin drum
Tony Hunt

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Tony Hunt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks for that I had noticed their address somewhere else. I contacted MJ Green after I did this post and apparently he does quite a bit of servicing on local bongos so Im going to give him a try. Had a long chat with him on the phone and he seems as if he knows what he's talking about as far as the coolant system etc goes and he's reasonably priced with no VAT involved which is another blessing. He's going to change the fuel filter also just incase it wasnt done when I bought it. Problem is when you buy from dealers you just never know if they have cut corners.
dvisor
Supreme Being
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by dvisor » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Tony Hunt wrote:Thanks for that I had noticed their address somewhere else. I contacted MJ Green after I did this post and apparently he does quite a bit of servicing on local bongos so Im going to give him a try. Had a long chat with him on the phone and he seems as if he knows what he's talking about as far as the coolant system etc goes and he's reasonably priced with no VAT involved which is another blessing. He's going to change the fuel filter also just incase it wasnt done when I bought it. Problem is when you buy from dealers you just never know if they have cut corners.
I'd be interested to know how you get on. I use Bell Hill at the moment (who have been great), but Broadstone would be handy
Two tonne tin drum
Tony Hunt

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Tony Hunt » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:47 pm

dvisor. Martin green came and did the coolant system for me today also suggested changing the fuel filter. The whole job was done expertly and took a couple of hours, he certainly seems to know what he's doing, he's had a lifetime in the motor trade and is very knowledgeable. I dont think I would have any worries recommending him to others, I will certainly be using him again. Added bonus is he's not VAT registered and working as a mobile mechanic you havent got all the usual garage overhead charges.
He actually noticed while under the van that I have a serious leak on my steering rack which would have been an instant failure on an MOT. I have managed to source one on the internet today £120 cheaper than our local Motor factors so Im going to get him to fit that also because my MOT is creeping up.
I googled the name of his business to get his phone number which came up instantly.
dvisor
Supreme Being
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by dvisor » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 am

Tony Hunt wrote:dvisor. Martin green came and did the coolant system for me today also suggested changing the fuel filter. The whole job was done expertly and took a couple of hours, he certainly seems to know what he's doing, he's had a lifetime in the motor trade and is very knowledgeable. I dont think I would have any worries recommending him to others, I will certainly be using him again. Added bonus is he's not VAT registered and working as a mobile mechanic you havent got all the usual garage overhead charges.
He actually noticed while under the van that I have a serious leak on my steering rack which would have been an instant failure on an MOT. I have managed to source one on the internet today £120 cheaper than our local Motor factors so Im going to get him to fit that also because my MOT is creeping up.
I googled the name of his business to get his phone number which came up instantly.
Thanks for that - useful to know.
Two tonne tin drum
Chris&Gem
Bongolier
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Poole,Dorset

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Chris&Gem » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

I know another chap who is very good, on price and experience (he used to work for a well known bongo garage, hamworthy way) pm me if you need his number.
He did my bongo, the wifes beetle, and now does my kia :wink:
malc
Junior Bongonaut
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: NEW MILTON .HANTS.

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by malc » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello Chris & Gem, i tried to pm you about the bongo mech, could you please call me with his number on 01425 613262 as i have a water loss problem and can not use the bongo, many thanks Malcolm
Tony Hunt

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Tony Hunt » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Martyn Green changed the steering rack for me yesterday, flushed the power steering through and refilled with fluid. He noticed the track rod ends were knackered also so for an extra few quid we did them while the wheels were off also. Tracking re aligned and everything tickety boo. It certainly drives a lot better now, am well pleased and can thoroughly recommend his work. Labour costs charged have been half garage rates which is the main bonus plus no VAT.
Sculliver
Apprentice Bongonaut
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Sculliver » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi

Does anyone have contact details for MJ Green Autos i.e. number, email address?

My Bongo is currently being recovered from France and it will need assessing. I have used another specialist in Poole but he has proved to be very expensive and I'm losing confidence a little.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Bob
Supreme Being
Posts: 14321
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: North Somerset

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Bob » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Don't know the chap, and he may have retired since this thread was started, but well worth trying to find him.

Really good that your Bongo is being recovered. :)
Let's be sensible, not scared. 8)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE
Sculliver
Apprentice Bongonaut
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:24 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: MJ Green Autos- Broadstone Dorset

Post by Sculliver » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Thank you Bob