Fitting a Fimma Caravanstore to a tin top

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Fitting a Fimma Caravanstore to a tin top

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue May 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I have an almost new Fiamma Caravanstore awning to fit on to my tin top Bongo. It fits on to an awning rail but I am trying to find the precise bits to add the awning rail. Has anyone done this and can help with what is needed. Its a straight sided awning and a straight sided Bongo, so it should all fit in the end. Its a 2.25 awning should fit

Ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Fitting a Fimma Caravanstore to a tin top

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed May 17, 2017 3:00 am

they usually fit these to an aft mary, rivet a new length of standard awning rail just behind the aft roof seal, then the roof holds it in place when rolled up in transit. its mounted high up so it doesnt foul the sliding door when in the bag or when out and it sags with the rain., the roof gutter is very near the door .
dont know how you could make a nice job of it on a tin top though unless you use some stand up brackets etc.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”