Fiamma awning and roof box?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

freshgoat
Apprentice Bongonaut

Fiamma awning and roof box?

Post by freshgoat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi, I have just fitted a Fiamma F35 pro to our Betsy with the relevant Fiamma brackets attached to the rain gulleys. I now want to fit a roof box that I've purchased, but I can't seem to find any info on the whether or not I can get bars that will fit with awning attached to the tin top. I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks. John
freshgoat
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Fiamma awning and roof box?

Post by freshgoat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Bump
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm not sure it would be possible to fit an awning with roof bars in place.

Someone may know more. :)
Eilidh&Andrew
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Eilidh&Andrew » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi there,

I think that if you fit reimo active rails onto the roof of the bongo you should be able to add a roof box - at least that's what we're hoping to do.. Hope it works! We want to fit an F45 awning and we were wondering if anyone else has fitted an F45 Fiamma awning to a tin top converted roof?

Thanks so much!
freshgoat
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by freshgoat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks for the help. The f45 brackets are near identical to the f35 brackets apart from the fixing at the top. If you look down the rain gutters from the rear of the vehicle, from the point that the gutter meets the body, the brackets curve inwards towards the other side of the body by approximately 2 cm. The bolts clamping the two sections together won't be an issue. So if when lifting the roof, you have more than 2 cm (horizontally) between the gutter and the roof, you should be fine. I'm putting some f45 brackets on the sale board later as I purchased the wrong ones #-o I don't find the Fiamma brackets to be a great fit in general as they don't make specific fit ones for the Bongo.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”