Vango airbeam awnings

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

crl5
Apprentice Bongonaut

Vango airbeam awnings

Post by crl5 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:42 pm

I am looking to purchase an awning for my bongo. having been bought vango equipment in the past i would like to buy a vango awning (possibly the Kela 2 airbag). Has anyone experience of these, and will they got a bongo (I have looked at reviews and videos on youtube and it looks as though they will)
Linda Marsden
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Vango airbeam awnings

Post by Linda Marsden » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:21 am

We have an idris 2 and it fits Maisy the Mazda really well.. drive aways are great and easy so is reconnection.
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:00 am

Hi, we had one, I can't remember the model now but it was the long one, with the lower roof for campers. Fitted the Bongo perfectly and would highly recommend. A doddle to put up and easy to pack down too. As you, I like Vango products and it doesn't disappoint, has all the little extras like hooks and mains inlets etc, that make it worth that little bit extra. Oh and it does stand up really well to high winds (which is the usual question) as it flexes and has some give in it.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Jimbobvfr400
Bongolier

Post by Jimbobvfr400 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:40 pm

I've got a Kela 3 Low which is chuffing brilliant.

The latest models are available in 3 heights with the low a new addition, the previous Kela 2 was only available in standard or tall. I believe the standard will work with a Bongo but the low versions are much better.

Being mega critical the arrangement for the main doors, mainly the main big one at the front isn't the best I've seen but it's not a big issue.

Everything else about it is really good. I'd definitely recommend one, not sure how happy I'd be at full price but I got an eBay bargain, only used a maximum of twice for £300, I believe they're 600 new which sounds a lot to us Yorkshire folks.
Jamie, Caroline and the kids.
2002 V6 Aero AFT

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”