Loopo or Motordome

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Alan2016
Bongonaut

Loopo or Motordome

Post by Alan2016 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:00 pm

I am currently trying to pick a drive away awning and getting a bit spoils for choice! Sometimes I think the Internet makes choosing things harder rather than easier with so many choices to browse through :D

Currently I'm leaning towards either the Loopo Breeze or the Khyam Tourer. Both seem pretty easy to erect and of a similar size and weight. Does anyone have any experience with both of these that could list pros and cons?

Thanks

Alan
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Re: Loopo or Motordome

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:44 pm

khyam every time, the quality is really good, and if you do need spares they are easily available.
we have the excelsior which is 3mtr by 3 mtr by 3 mtr, the beauty of this is it can be put on the rear or side, it is higher than the sliding door mechanism when on the side, it also allows you to reverse the bongo inside it and fully open the rear tailgate inside the awning if you need to load up in bad weather or cook from the rear of the bongo.

i may even have one for sale in dark grey and purple. :)
Alan2016
Bongonaut

Post by Alan2016 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks Northern, always good to get an unbiased opinion :p

The excelsior sounds good but is a bit bigger and heavier than we were really looking for. How do you fix it to the side as the website suggests it is for taller vans?
Bongo Voyage
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Bongo Voyage » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:40 pm

We have been using the loopo for a while now and are upgrading to the bigger vango Galli Low. The loopo was good but with a family of 4 on a weeks Holliday it was quickly filled. The Galli is due to be delivered next week just in time for our next trip away.
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Bpngo Voyage
We bought a new Kela three recently. Check you have the repair kit in the package, we didn't and a deflating beam spoilt our trip.
The whole episode made worse by the Vango appointed supplier, insisting that a replacement beam was in the post. To be fair to Vango as soon as they were made aware of our problem ,by myself, a new beam arrived the next day.

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”