Duvalay

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Scratch
Bongolier

Duvalay

Post by Scratch » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I have looked at these before but still use a sleeping bag and mattress. Does anybody use one of these directly onto the Bongo back seats? If so how comfortable is it?
Getcarter
Bongolier

Re: Duvalay

Post by Getcarter » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:14 am

Yes, I have on occasion. We have a caravan and use them in there all the time but I sometimes have the odd night in the Bongo. We also use them for guests in the house as they work fine on the floor.

They are the perfect solution for sleeping on the seats in my opinion. I remove the headrests and sometimes fill the dips in the seats with garden chair cushions to make it flatter.

Depending on what thickness of memory foam you get they are quite large when rolled up but its no price to pay for a good nights sleep

Quality product too, make sure you get a carry bag as they don't come with one
V6 Tintop with LPG
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Re: Duvalay

Post by Joe_anne123 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:51 pm

I've made my own 'duvalay' with a single memory foam mattress, single quilt and a double quilt cover. I tried it this weekend for the first time and it makes a massive difference over the bumpy seats :)

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”