Awnings

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Mr Turnip Head
Apprentice Bongonaut

Awnings

Post by Mr Turnip Head » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have one of the Olpro awnings? http://www.olproshop.com/collections/in ... van-awning
Was looking at the Vango Kela but the Olpro's are cheaper. Just wondering if anyone has either and what they would recommend?
Also how to attach it to the Bongo. Is the figure of 8 on the gutter secure enough?

Thanks
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Re: Awnings

Post by Joe_anne123 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:43 pm

I've got the OLPRO loopo breeze awning. It's growing on me! It's heavy but stable, waterproof and fits securely to the Bongo with a figure of 8. If you search the forum for OLPRO you'll find more comments, I think :)
mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:44 am

Hi Mr Head, I also have the Olpro Loopo Breeze and pretty much agree with everything Joe_Anne says. It is a bit heavy and bulky when packed, but having looked at a load of inflatable awnings they all are. It is very easy to put up, takes about 10-15 minutes depending how many guy ropes you are using (unless very windy I only use the three main ones either side and two at the front) . Once up its very stable and roomy onside, can't fault the waterproofness (is that a word?) either OT stood up well to Cornish and Welsh downpours. It connects very easily to the van with figure of 8 strips and packing away is nice and easy, the bag has loads of extra room in so if you are packing away in a hurry and don't do an amazing job it will still fit in the bag.

I bought mine from the members shop on the main Bongo Fury website along with some figure 8 strips. It was by far the cheapest I could find and Ian got it delivered in a couple of days. It's nice to support the site as well.

Heres a picture of the awning set up in Wales to give an idea of size compared to the van.

mycallsevern
Bongonaut

Post by mycallsevern » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 am

Whoops, just seen in the picture mine is a Cubo Breeze, the slightly smaller one.
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:04 pm

I sometimes think I should have got the Cubo Breeze rather than the Loopo, but hey ho. Here it is :)

Bongolia
Supreme Being

Post by Bongolia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:10 pm

I have a Kela 3. I would go for another make if buying again.
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:21 am

Joe_anne123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:43 pm I've got the OLPRO loopo breeze awning. It's growing on me! It's heavy but stable, waterproof and fits securely to the Bongo with a figure of 8. If you search the forum for OLPRO you'll find more comments, I think :)
Hi, thinking of getting the Loopo Breeze, as you can get a 2 man inner tent. Hard to see on the photos, but this sleep tent takes up half the awning. Would you say that leaves enough room for 2 people to sit in the other side while the inner tent is up? Trying to recreate the size in the lounge with a tape measure, but struggling. Other option would be the Cocoon Breeze, but that just seems a bit ‘ovekill’ on size!

Thanks
Steve
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:44 am

I've used a Loopo Breeze in the past but found with the inner tent in place there wasn't much room, especially if you are doing things like drying your waterproofs. I'd look at something from the Outdoor Revolution range if I was you.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Ian wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:44 am I've used a Loopo Breeze in the past but found with the inner tent in place there wasn't much room, especially if you are doing things like drying your waterproofs. I'd look at something from the Outdoor Revolution range if I was you.
Thank Ian.

It didn’t seem very practical on the photo with the inner tent. I’ll continue to shop around.
Joe_anne123
Bongolier

Post by Joe_anne123 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Stevievee wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:21 am
Hi, thinking of getting the Loopo Breeze, as you can get a 2 man inner tent. Hard to see on the photos, but this sleep tent takes up half the awning. Would you say that leaves enough room for 2 people to sit in the other side while the inner tent is up? Trying to recreate the size in the lounge with a tape measure, but struggling. Other option would be the Cocoon Breeze, but that just seems a bit ‘ovekill’ on size!

Thanks
Steve
Yes, I think it would be a bit cramped. for sitting space with an inner tent. It's very roomy without though!
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 am

Joe_anne123 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:40 pm
Yes, I think it would be a bit cramped. for sitting space with an inner tent. It's very roomy without though!
It’s a tricky one, love the size of the Loopo, anything bigger just seems a bit ridiculous for 2 people. We like to have the air bed set up all the time when camping in summer, saves not having to mess about, putting the van seats up and down all the time. Might be a case of getting the Loopo for bedroom and storage, then using the back of the Bongo for sitting in? Fingers crossed for a summer where we can spend most of it outside anyway!! [-o<

Thanks for the reply.

Steve
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:31 am

Right, after hours trawling through the internet, my decision is made! The Kampa Cross Air Awning, with added purchase of sleeping annexe seems perfect for what we need!

Anybody have one and if so, pros and cons please!

(Also, as a side note, is it usual for nearly all awnings to be out of stock at this time of year, or is that Covid related?)

Thanks
Carlwhite78
Junior Bongonaut

Awnings

Post by Carlwhite78 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi - we really like our easy camp awning but we find that the tunnel part never quite gets enough tension to remain water tight.....almost needs a curved insert. Anyone found a cunning way to deal with this? Thanks
8) V6
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Also, as a side note, is it usual for nearly all awnings to be out of stock at this time of year, or is that Covid related?)
Possibly supply related, we're hearing of goods delayed in shipping containers.
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
Gill9
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Gill9 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi

I’m looking at getting the Outdoor Revolution Turismo Pole XLS 2 Drive Away Awning 2019, does anyone have one and know what size kador kit I need?

Thanks

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”